2023-2024 Around The League thread

MadDog2020

What in god's name are the Sharks doing? Why are they sending Vegas two thirds to take Hertl? Absolute daylight robbery by Vegas.

1 minute ago, jagknife said:

There are still trades pending, hope to jettison Smith still alive

Markstrom for Jake Allen and Brendan Smith.

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

Uhhhhhhhhhh what the fvck? Can the NHL really not go 6 months without a major fvcking embarrassment happening? Does no one in these organizations have any backbone or moral compass?

https://sanjosespotlight.com/san-jose-sharks-sued-over-child-sex-abuse-cover-up/ 

At some point, Gary Bettman needs to answer for why these sorts of atrocities involving persons employed by his league keep happening.

6 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

As I said, they never run out of money 

VGK is the new  "America's Team" of hockey. Every big name player acquired with ease, zero salary cap issues, and a constant party on the ice. 

13 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

SIX years? That’s CRAZY. Does Vegas use mafia tactics or something? 🤣

image.gif.6d24b7c4b8179757a1d4c8caacc84c9e.gif

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, slasher72 said:

VGK is the new  "America's Team" of hockey. Every big name player acquired with ease, zero salary cap issues, and a constant party on the ice. 

I’m going to the Devils-VGK game on 3/17. Everyone says the game day experience is off the charts, so I’m looking forward to it (even though we’ll probably get our asses kicked lol).

• Like 3

Given how pissed Crosby appears to be about the state of the Penguins, starting to wonder if the seemingly unthinkable happens, and he asks to be moved to a team where he can try to win one last Cup.  He has one year left on his current contract.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Given how pissed Crosby appears to be about the state of the Penguins, starting to wonder if the seemingly unthinkable happens, and he asks to be moved to a team where he can try to win one last Cup.  He has one year left on his current contract.

How bout Colorado to team up with his buddy (and fellow Cole Harbour native) MacKinnon?

10 minutes ago, Have Another Donut said:

Torts with a game misconduct on the night they honored his 2004  Bolts team in Tampa....lol

Love Torts 🤣

• Like 3

Just now, MadDog2020 said:

How bout Colorado to team up with his buddy (and fellow Cole Harbour native) MacKinnon?

As long as he doesn’t end up across the river from the Devils, I don’t particularly care where he goes.  Semi-related, but Winnipeg still has to visit the Rock before season’s end.  If Jack slinks around Toffoli and scores, I hope he hits him with the “too slow” line.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, ButlerBulldog said:

As long as he doesn’t end up across the river from the Devils, I don’t particularly care where he goes.  Semi-related, but Winnipeg still has to visit the Rock before season’s end.  If Jack slinks around Toffoli and scores, I hope he hits him with the “too slow” line.

If the Penguins ever traded him, I’m sure it would be out west. I highly doubt they would ever trade him to a division rival.

• Like 1