GDT: Devils travel to St Louis Music Genre - 3 Nov @ 8p

jagknife

13 minutes ago, Anhkheg said:

I'd much rather Jack miss 10 games and recover a 100%, he is an integral part of the Devils future.

They won’t rush him back.  The Devils know what he means to them more than anyone.

• Like 2

Most frustrating thing about the Hughes injury is he went down on his own, not like someone hit him etc. if it’s true he’s on the plane to Chicago I can only see that as being a positive thing. I still don’t see Meier being worth his salary at this point, I really thought we were going to be getting a little more there. 

1 minute ago, 2ELIAS6 said:

Most frustrating thing about the Hughes injury is he went down on his own, not like someone hit him etc. if it’s true he’s on the plane to Chicago I can only see that as being a positive thing. I still don’t see Meier being worth his salary at this point, I really thought we were going to be getting a little more there. 

It’s been 10 games and he’s put up 8 points.  Not like he’s done nothing.  

Not like every player gets off to a flying start.  Maybe give him at least a few months before already deciding he’s not worth his cap hit?  

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

They won’t rush him back.  The Devils know what he means to them more than anyone.

Gotta wonder how he ever stepped foot back on the ice last night for another shift though. Doesn't matter what he said that should of never happened if your protecting a top 5 player in the league.  They should of started playing it safe when they realized he wasn't completely broken in two after hitting the boards so hard and awkwardly.  That just wasn't smart.

Edited by titans04
  • Like 4

20 minutes ago, titans04 said:

Gotta wonder how he ever stepped foot back on the ice last night for another shift though. Doesn't matter what he said that should of never happened if your protecting a top 5 player in the league.  They should of started playing it safe when they realized he wasn't completely broken in two after hitting the boards so had and awkwardly.  That just wasn't smart.

Agreed 100%.

1 hour ago, titans04 said:

Gotta wonder how he ever stepped foot back on the ice last night for another shift though. Doesn't matter what he said that should of never happened if your protecting a top 5 player in the league.  They should of started playing it safe when they realized he wasn't completely broken in two after hitting the boards so hard and awkwardly.  That just wasn't smart.

You would think they would learn after making the same mistake sending Nico back out to get hurt even more but nope and that was just a few games ago. Absolute dolts. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, titans04 said:

Gotta wonder how he ever stepped foot back on the ice last night for another shift though. Doesn't matter what he said that should have never happened if you’re protecting a top 5 player in the league.  They should have started playing it safe when they realized he wasn't completely broken in two after hitting the boards so hard and awkwardly.  That just wasn't smart.

If my admitted hunch that it is a cervical nerve/disk issue is correct, it actually makes sense.  

They presumably ruled out concussion immediately. Jack decided to return. But he seemed to be having pain in his arm and hand - classic cervical spine issues. Given that pain he shut it down. 

The fact that he is in Chicago is a good sign as far as it goes, and is also consistent with this scenario. The first thing they would do is wait and see if the pain improves and subsides. That is exactly what happens if it was a stinger-type injury to his neck/cervical spine (best case by far under this scenario). 

If it persists or grows worse - have to wait and see - then you start looking at the more troubling issue of a disk herniation (Eichel). 

Hoping for the best. The best may indeed come to pass. But this is still what I think it is based on how he hit the boards, the fact that he came back briefly, the way he and the trainer clearly favored his arm/hand/neck, and the fact that he is in Chicago. 

Edited by smelly

15 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

You would think they would learn after making the same mistake sending Nico back out to get hurt even more but nope and that was just a few games ago. Absolute dolts. 

Yeah I just don't understand it.  Don't care if he's sitting there saying yeah I'm good (obviously he wasn't GOOD, by any definition). He should of been told that's nice. You're done for the night Jack we're playing it safe. I not even saying he got hurt worse by taking another shift, I am saying there was absolutely no reason whatsoever for it.  Were the ipads not working all of the sudden, the main scoreboard in the arena? Everybody saw how hard he went in, it's that simple and it was November 3rd.  If nothing else you take him out until he can be fully and throughly evaluated.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, titans04 said:

Yeah I just don't understand it.  Don't care if he's sitting there saying yeah I'm good (obviously he wasn't GOOD, by any definition). He should of been told that's nice. You're done for the night Jack we're playing it safe. I not even saying he got hurt worse by taking another shift, I am saying there was absolutely no reason whatsoever for it.  Were the ipads not working all of the sudden, the main scoreboard in the arena? Everybody saw how hard he went in, it's that simple and it was November 3rd.  If nothing else you take him out until he can be fully and throughly evaluated.

Exactly, same thing with Nico, this isn't the playoffs or a must win game. There's no reason to risk either of them getting hurt more. I don't get it, the trainers and coaches are supposed be there to protect the players from themselves. It's just absolutely unnecessary. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

It’s been 10 games and he’s put up 8 points.  Not like he’s done nothing.  

Not like every player gets off to a flying start.  Maybe give him at least a few months before already deciding he’s not worth his cap hit?  

Don’t see his play changing much, it’s been more than ten games we had him for several games last season and a few pre season games. What you see is what you’ve got. 

33 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Friedman just said on HNIC Jack will miss time, but the ‘worst case scenario has been avoided’ 

I hate this sh!t, just come out and say what’s wrong. What’s the “worst case scenario”? … death? I mean come on be a little more vague 

1 minute ago, 2ELIAS6 said:

I hate this sh!t, just come out and say what’s wrong. What’s the “worst case scenario”? … death? I mean come on be a little more vague 

I think you know what ‘worst case scenario’ means. But I don’t disagree that a little more clarity would be nice. 

11 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

It’s too early for this.  Still a long way to go this season.

BUT, the time just became right fvcking now for Dawson, given the circumstances.  He’s gotta start banking some points 

Not defending the lack of production from Mercer, but I will say he's the same age as Jack. Let's give him some time here. Rough first ten games doesn't mean the next ten have to be the same. 

If Nico and Jack are out, he'll likely get some center ice time in the top 6. He or Haula so he's gotta make it work when he's up the lineup when injuries happen. I'll echo what most people are saying in that I'm sure he's aware that it's a contract year. A repeat or improvement on last year means 6m plus. A regression could mean 5m or less. I'm not worried about him. There are worse things than being passed by Alex Holtz on the depth chart/team scoring right now. He showed last year that he doesn't lack any of the tools. 

I'll say the same for Palat. Just not worried about 3 assists through 10 games. Was definitely invisible for parts of the first 5 games. Still on pace to have about 30+ points. He averaged like 12 minutes of ice time through those games and has seen an increase since the injuries. He'll be fine. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RizzMB30 said:

Not defending the lack of production from Mercer, but I will say he's the same age as Jack. Let's give him some time here. Rough first ten games doesn't mean the next ten have to be the same. 

If Nico and Jack are out, he'll likely get some center ice time in the top 6. He or Haula so he's gotta make it work when he's up the lineup when injuries happen. I'll echo what most people are saying in that I'm sure he's aware that it's a contract year. A repeat or improvement on last year means 6m plus. A regression could mean 5m or less. I'm not worried about him. There are worse things than being passed by Alex Holtz on the depth chart/team scoring right now. He showed last year that he doesn't lack any of the tools. 

I'll say the same for Palat. Just not worried about 3 assists through 10 games. Was definitely invisible for parts of the first 5 games. Still on pace to have about 30+ points. He averaged like 12 minutes of ice time through those games and has seen an increase since the injuries. He'll be fine. 

You’ve been reading my posts…I’m definitely not one to lack patience here.  I’m not really worried about anyone in particular right now, more just saying with Jack AND Nico out, guys like Dawson gotta snap out of their funks sooner than later.

I think Dawson still winds up with 45-55 points by season’s end.  Surprisingly slow start offensively, but I don’t see this being a major down year for him by the time this season winds down.

1 hour ago, 2ELIAS6 said:

Don’t see his play changing much, it’s been more than ten games we had him for several games last season and a few pre season games. What you see is what you’ve got. 

Guy is a 30-40 goal scorer. If you don’t think he’s going to eventually pick it up, and start putting the puck in the net at a nice rate then you haven’t paid much attention to his career thus far. 

Edited by Nicomo

6 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Guy is a 30-40 goal scorer. If you don’t think he’s going to eventually pick it up, and start putting the puck in the net at a nice rate then you haven’t paid much attention to his career thus far. 

He started extremely slow last year compared to this one…and STILL wound up with 40 goals.  The goals will come.