GDT: 12/23/23 Red Wings @ Devils 7:00 PM EST MSGSN

Rock

2 hours ago, Bonginator11 said:

So basically we are going to get Vezina’d because we love to make backup goalies look like Hasek

Optional skate? There shouldn't be anything optional with the way this team has been playing lately. I think more than half the reason for the things we saw routinely night after night like the defensive breakdowns,  leaving people all alone from the net, turning the puck over, etc, is simply lack of practice and lack of knowing what to do in situations. When the team isn't playing well my initial reaction would be to try to hold more practices, not less. 

Watching the pre-game, missed Palat yapping about that they aren't in last place and that the fans are booing.... They booed cause the team absolutely has sucked at home, come out flat so many first periods at home, give up so the 1st goal at home and have blown games in the 3rd period and this guy has been a complete passenger this season. fvck outta here. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

Watching the pre-game, missed Palat yapping about that they aren't in last place and that the fans are booing.... They booed cause the team absolutely has sucked at home, come out flat so many first periods at home, give up so the 1st goal at home and have blown games in the 3rd period and this guy has been a complete passenger this season. fvck outta here. 

Players are so tone deaf. They're entertainers. People boo when they're not entertained. Humanity has followed this since before the Romans built the colosseum. Play better and people won't boo. You guys want people to pay hundreds of dollars to take their family to a game and thank you for phoning it in and being embarrassed? Give me a break...

Edited by NJDevils1214
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

I generally don’t boo athletes because they play their sport at a much, much higher than I can even conceive, let alone imitate.  That said, I don’t begrudge fans who feel and/or act differently, as no one wants to pay money to watch an immensely talented team underachieve.  That the Devils aren’t in last place is beside the point, as they’re still the most disappointing team in the league.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ButlerBulldog said:

I generally don’t boo athletes because they play their sport at a much, much higher than I can even conceive, let alone imitate.  That said, I don’t begrudge fans who feel and/or act differently, as no one wants to pay money to watch an immensely talented team underachieve.  That the Devils aren’t in last place is beside the point, as they’re still the most disappointing team in the league.

I didn't boo the other night but I have before, team is 6-8-2 at home. That's not good enough. I just don't wanna hear sh!t from these guys about fans booing when people were chanting for Timo scoring when he's done fvck all recently even if he's hurt and chanting for Vitek even though he's sucked too. 

• Like 1

Just now, Satans Hockey said:

I didn't boo the other night but I have before, team is 6-8-2 at home. That's not good enough. I just don't wanna hear sh!t from these guys about fans booing when people were chanting for Timo scoring when he's done fvck all recently even if he's hurt and chanting for Vitek even though he's sucked too. 

Agreed.  Despite how poorly the team has played, fans are still showing up for games.  Would Palat rather play in front of 5,000 disinterested people?