GDT: Hughes @ Hugheses, 7:00 pm, MSGSN

1 hour ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

It’s strange how they often look unprepared at the start of a game but will run through a wall for Lindy as the night goes on

It took what, like thirty minutes or so tonight?  And then they gas out trying to get back into the game, not like we haven't seen THIS pattern before of lazy ass starts followed by OMGZ WE HAVE TO GET GOING surges.  I'd say that's a LOT more of a negative for the head coach than a positive.  Any idiot would get going once you're down two goals and realize you could lose.

Edited by NJDevs4978

1 hour ago, Nicomo said:

I didn’t even notice Luke’s head hitting the ice at first. The way this season had been going he’ll probably be out with a concussion. 

I mean the ref behind him saw the whole thing. Refs don't give a sh!t. 

• Like 1

Home Reds have made a respectable record but the 3rd jerseys need to go away for good... 

Jersey / helmet records...

Road Whites / white helmets 12-5 = 24 points

Home Reds 7-5-2 = 16 points

3rd Blacks 2-4 = 4 points

Road Whites / black helmets 0-1 = 0 points

Total 21-15-2 = 44 points

• Like 2

I had to dvr the game. I don't even know if there's another team as banged up as the Devils. A ton of respect to the guys, especially Nico Daws, because 2/3 of the game looked like canucks' power play. I'm not ready to comment on TJ's "kicking motion" although I think it was. I'm seriously thinking that NHL needs a coach's challenge rule on obvious no calls. I've seen many, but tonight's was absolutely despicable. 

Edited by Devs64

1 hour ago, RizzMB30 said:

I mean the ref behind him saw the whole thing. Refs don't give a sh!t. 

That was the most egregious non-call I have EVER seen in my life watching hockey. 

For once, just once, can Lindy work the damn refs?! Show some fvcking emotion.

Edited by devlman
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, devlman said:

That was the most egregious non-call I have EVER seen in my life watching hockey. 

For once, just once, can Lindy work the damn refs?! Show some fvcking emotion.

He needs to take a page from 2 time Cup champion Jon Cooper…

but unfortunately I don’t see that out of grandpa Lindy anytime soon. 

1 hour ago, nessus said:

Is that now 9 losses in the second half of back-to-backs? Imagine how the standings would be looking if the Devils could figure out how to win a few of those. 

Edited by Nicomo
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

He needs to take a page from 2 time Cup champion Jon Cooper…

but unfortunately I don’t see that out of grandpa Lindy anytime soon. 

Any emotion from him would be nice to see he has a pulse. Hell, I’d take a slight mention of it in the post game presser. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, devlman said:

Any emotion from him would be nice to see he has a pulse. Hell, I’d take a slight mention of it in the post game presser. 

The worst part is he has a built in excuse for this season now with all the injuries. Not a chance in hell Fitz makes a change this summer. Even though it’s clear as day to everyone but him that Lindy isn’t it. 

A coach like Torts would have this team top 3 in the division right now. Even with the goaltending issues (which would be somewhat mitigated due to his system).

Top 5 scorers on Flyers: 

1. Travis Konecny

2. Joel Farabee 

3. Sean Couturier

4. Travis Sanheim

5. Owen Tippet

Top 5 scorers on the Devils:

1. Jack Hughes 

2. Jesper Bratt

3. Tyler Toffoli

4. Luke Hughes 

5. Nico Hischier 

Now which team is ahead in the standings again??

• Like 3

3 hours ago, nessus said:

Is that now 9 losses in the second half of back-to-backs? Imagine how the standings would be looking if the Devils could figure out how to win a few of those. 

Imagine what they would look like if we didn have so many back to backs because the league is tilting the ice artificially. 

3 hours ago, Nicomo said:

The worst part is he has a built in excuse for this season now with all the injuries. Not a chance in hell Fitz makes a change this summer. Even though it’s clear as day to everyone but him that Lindy isn’t it. 

A coach like Torts would have this team top 3 in the division right now. Even with the goaltending issues (which would be somewhat mitigated due to his system).

Top 5 scorers on Flyers: 

1. Travis Konecny

2. Joel Farabee 

3. Sean Couturier

4. Travis Sanheim

5. Owen Tippet

1. Jack Hughes 

2. Jesper Bratt

3. Tyler Toffoli

4. Luke Hughes 

5. Nico Hischier 

For where the team is now and where it’s trying to go, Lindy is so not the right guy and it’s become more and more obvious as this season has unfolded (even though the results haven’t been bad at all, especially given the injuries).

As there rarely seems to be any gameplan or real semblance of a system or blueprint, it feels like there’s a constant reliance on the considerable talent that’s here having to almost freewheel their way to wins.  It’s great to have that kind of ability on this team (especially when they’re actually reasonably healthy), but that talent needs to be harnessed and organized.

In the early 90s, the Devils were accruing serious talent, but it wasn’t until Lemaire came on to the scene with a real system to implement that it truly all came together.  I don’t know who that “Lemaire” guy is who can help the current team, but I do know it’s absolutely NOT Lindy.  

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Devs64 said:

I had to dvr the game. I don't even know if there's another team as banged up as the Devils. A ton of respect to the guys, especially Nico Daws, because 2/3 of the game looked like canucks' power play. I'm not ready to comment on TJ's "kicking motion" although I think it was. I'm seriously thinking that NHL needs a coach's challenge rule on obvious no calls. I've seen many, but tonight's was absolutely despicable. 

The Chicago Rape Supporters have an entire top line on IR. But they are Chicago so fvck them

i still cannot figure out where Miller’s goal hits him. Ref signaled knee. Guess that removes “kicking motion” from the option? I’d like to think our coach was told that but he’ll never admit it.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Nicomo said:

Top 5 scorers on Flyers: 

1. Travis Konecny

2. Joel Farabee 

3. Sean Couturier

4. Travis Sanheim

5. Owen Tippet

1. Jack Hughes 

2. Jesper Bratt

3. Tyler Toffoli

4. Luke Hughes 

5. Nico Hischier 

The one with competent goaltending. 

35 minutes ago, smelly said:

The one with competent goaltending. 

To me the fact we’re in a playoff spot with the injuries and miserable goaltending overrides what you see minute by minute. Always hear it’s a “results oriented business” and the results aren’t bad given the cards he was dealt.  Yes there were some games left on the table but I mean if we had Helly we’d prolly be sitting where the Jets are even with in juries playing kids etc.  Rest of Jan schedule is tough — guessing we’ll be out of a playoff spot by then and Fitz will have tough decisions (buy, stand pat, coaching change etc). 

1 hour ago, njbuff said:

The Devils are a young team and you wouldn't figure that the rear end of back to backs would be kryptonite to this team, but it is.

Mind numbing.

It’s very frustrating. A couple of wins in those back end games and we’re locked into a top three spot in the Metro. But this has just been a very challenging season. Injuries can derail a lot. Injuries are why I think your Bills are winning tonight over my Dolphins. Both of my teams are just walking MASH units. 

Edited by MadDog2020
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

It’s very frustrating. A couple of wins in those back end games and we’re locked into a top three spot in the Metro. But this has just been a very challenging season. Injuries can derail a lot. Injuries are why I think your Bills are winning tonight over my Dolphins. Both of my teams are just walking MASH units. 

If the Jags lose, I would bet Miami will rest their walking wounded like Tua and Hill. I think they can go into KC and beat the ChIefs a lot easier than beating the Bills two weeks in a row. 

Much better to rest those guys than to be wounded two weeks in a row against the same team.

But there is still a long way to go in the Jags game. 

15 minutes ago, njbuff said:

If the Jags lose, I would bet Miami will rest their walking wounded like Tua and Hill. I think they can go into KC and beat the ChIefs a lot easier than beating the Bills two weeks in a row. 

Much better to rest those guys than to be wounded two weeks in a row against the same team.

But there is still a long way to go in the Jags game. 

Nah man. Injuries or no, this is for the division. You don’t wave the white flag. I don’t like our chances in KC anyway. Gonna be cold as fvck and snowing there next week. I’ll take my chances with the Bills at home two weeks in a row. Hell, we almost beat you guys in Buffalo with Thompson at QB last year. You always play to win.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Nah man. Injuries or no, this is for the division. You don’t wave the white flag. I don’t like our chances in KC anyway. Gonna be cold as fvck and snowing there next week. I’ll take my chances with the Bills at home two weeks in a row. Hell, we almost beat you guys in Buffalo with Thompson at QB last year. You always play to win.

It's simple then for the Bills. Let Josh Allen do Josh Allen things and the Bills are division champs again. IF THE JAGS SCORE HOLDS UP. 😁

4 minutes ago, njbuff said:

It's simple then for the Bills. Let Josh Allen do Josh Allen things and the Bills are division champs again. IF THE JAGS SCORE HOLDS UP. 😁

I don’t doubt it. Allen owns the Fins. I have no confidence our banged up defense will slow him down.

8 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

I don’t doubt it. Allen owns the Fins. I have no confidence our banged up defense will slow him down.

The Bills passing game has been kinda uneven lately. Who knows how tonight will play out. 

15 minutes ago, njbuff said:

The Bills passing game has been kinda uneven lately. Who knows how tonight will play out. 

Allen outside the pocket scares me more than Allen inside the pocket. When he gets off script, he’s dangerous and he’s dangerous as a runner. He’s made a living against the Fins, particularly improvising on the go. Down our top two edge rushers, it’s not a recipe for Dolphins success. 

Edited by MadDog2020

3 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Allen outside the pocket scares me more than Allen inside the pocket. When he gets off script, he’s dangerous and he’s dangerous as a runner. He’s made a living against the Fins, particularly improvising on the go. Down our top two edge rushers, it’s not a recipe for Dolphins success. 

Allen misses having that Cole Beasley-type slot guy. Hopefully Kinkaid catches a million balls tonight. 😁