Siegenthaler broken foot

Nicomo

It's the injury luck pendulum swinging the other way. Last year was an incredibly lucky season in terms of injury for us. Most of our best players avoided it all year. 

Some days you avoid the injury bear and some days the injury bear gets ya. 

• Like 5

59 minutes ago, Chimaira_Devil_#9 said:

If I'm Fitz I am just writing this season off. Not making any big moves just let them play it out and hope we sneak a playoff spot. Its gone about as badly as it could.

If it’s a move that helps beyond this season, I’m definitely open to it.  But yeah no overpayments for temporary fixes.  I don’t think things are quite as dire as some are making them out to be…I need to see an actual plummet in the standings happen first.  Also need to have a better idea as to how much time Jack is actually to going to miss.

59 minutes ago, HughesCorporation said:

Cant even dump him at the deadline now, the season from Hell continues

Fitz wasn’t dumping him at the deadline anyway.  He’s on the first year of a five-year deal and every other GM can see what we have so far.  And it’s not like the Devils had someone else obvious to take his place.

That being said, now that the issue has been forced, does one of the Utes get a look?  I’m guessing Fitz goes that route before exploring any trades.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, slasher72 said:

Call up Santeri Hatakka?

I get the feeling they’ll go with an older guy first…maybe Wotherspoon or Russo.  But I’d rather see one of the kids get a look, as long as Fitz and Co think one of them won’t be overwhelmed by the opportunity.

There's gotta be a veteran out there, either someone who's just aging, or perhaps making too much money, that we can trade for and take on his salary (assuming, ideally, it only has a year left, or two at the most).   I figure something like a third or fourth round pick would be a reasonable swap.  

That would keep us from having to bring up yet another green D man form the minors, and allow is to leave Smith at forward, where he's at least been serviceable. 

1 hour ago, NJDfan1711 said:

There's gotta be a veteran out there, either someone who's just aging, or perhaps making too much money, that we can trade for and take on his salary (assuming, ideally, it only has a year left, or two at the most).   I figure something like a third or fourth round pick would be a reasonable swap.  

That would keep us from having to bring up yet another green D man form the minors, and allow is to leave Smith at forward, where he's at least been serviceable. 

Hindsight and all that, but Bear would have been a nice fill in once this injury happened.

Smith absolutely serves this team best as a forward. His physicality and the occasional fill in on defense, like on the PK, plus the sudden offensive chance generation, really is perfect for a 4th liner.

Also, now that Siegs is out, congrats Bastian, you're the new target of my ire with your uselessness

2 minutes ago, Max20Characters said:

Willy Wonka Stop GIF

Pretty classless. Dude stayed out there and finished his shift with a broken foot ffs.

Anyone doing anything other than wishing him well right now needs a good look in the mirror. 

• Like 6

10 hours ago, RizzMB30 said:

It's the injury luck pendulum swinging the other way. Last year was an incredibly lucky season in terms of injury for us. Most of our best players avoided it all year. 

Some days you avoid the injury bear and some days the injury bear gets ya. 

Yeah sucks when you get banged up some seasons, but it does happen and can happen to anyone.

• Like 1