GDT: 2/27/2024 Devils @ Sharks 10:30 EST MSGSN

Rock

Well at least the Devils FINALLY enjoyed a laugher against a dreadful team, instead of barely scraping by, or losing the game outright.

At this point, talk to me if they’re truly right there with 10 games left…and by “right there”, I mean with a point of a WC spot.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Satans Hockey said:

I can't stand Blackwood, hope we put 7 past him tonight. 

Well, aside from the goalie you nailed it

6 hours ago, NJDevils1214 said:

fvck the challenge but now Holtz won't see the ice again this season lol

Second fewest minutes last night behind tierney.

even miller who is also in Lindy’s dog house had a few more seconds.

5 hours ago, Puckbuster said:

As if Holtz single handedly tanked the season.  fvck Ruff.

Fire Lindy 

5 hours ago, NJDevils1214 said:

Imagine MD2020's face when he wakes up to this one? 😂

I woke up with the Nasraddine “I farted and I don’t know if I just sh!t myself or sharted” face….

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Yeah I went to bed after that first sharks goal, not going to lie I thought this is going to be another stinker.

Pleasant surprise to wake up to for sure

Didn't even bother to watch...woke up and saw that the score was 7-1, so that was a pleasant surprise.  Saw the highlights and many of the goals were the kind that a bad team allows; most other teams have figured out how to snuff out the kinds of chances the Devils were getting.  I just can't get excited about the Devils curbstomping a team that yeah, like any other bad team will win on occasion, but is now 6-20-2 in their last 28.  

There's been nights where I've stayed up to watch West Coast games, even on work nights, but after having gone to that Tampa disaster, I just wasn't feeling it at all.

• Like 1

im very happy with the win but this does bother me. It felt like last season these guys would run through walls for each other. Maybe I’m misremembering it but I don’t recall seeing apathy like this last season. It was common in our bad seasons over the past decade though 

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

im very happy with the win but this does bother me. It felt like last season these guys would run through walls for each other. Maybe I’m misremembering it but I don’t recall seeing apathy like this last season. It was common in our bad seasons over the past decade though 

It's weird...you see photos of these players hanging out together off the ice, and it SEEMS like they all get along well...but yeah, not the first time that a situation that called for someone to stand up for a teammate didn't lead to much of a retaliation.  Maybe the next coach will not only preach that, but insist that Fitz go out and a get a player or two who won't shy away from doing it on the ice.

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

He’s still got a long way to go but his wheels work well

Yeah Luke's going to figure it out.  

Sometimes some fans second-guess the Devils "decision" to have three kids in the lineup, but they forget that Plan A never called for Dougie to suffer what's damned near a season-ending injury.  And Fitz DID go out and get depth (Miller) prior to the season.

I would've preferred that he didn't hang onto Smith though.  Also think Hatakka should've gotten more of a look, based on what he did during his call-up.  

• Like 2

I watched - the end result was a laugher but Daws had to stand on his head a bit in the late 1st/early 2nd, Sharks could've EASILY went up 2-0 and who knows where this goes if that happens. 

It's unfortunate the OOT scoreboard didn't give us any help with Pens and Flyers both winning in matchups you'd probably project them to lose.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Yeah Luke's going to figure it out.  

Sometimes some fans second-guess the Devils "decision" to have three kids in the lineup, but they forget that Plan A never called for Dougie to suffer what's damned near a season-ending injury.  And Fitz DID go out and get depth (Miller) prior to the season.

I would've preferred that he didn't hang onto Smith though.  Also think Hatakka should've gotten more of a look, based on what he did during his call-up.  

Yeah in a perfect world Luke would've been getting 3rd pair minutes. Instead he (and Nemec) have been forced into top pair minutes with the injuries and underperformances. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Nicomo said:

Saros 

See I didn't think Saros was actually  shorter because he manages to stay pretty upright when he drops down and still takes up a lot of the net.

Maybe Kahkonen needs bigger shoulder pads.

1 hour ago, nmigliore said:

I watched - the end result was a laugher but Daws had to stand on his head a bit in the late 1st/early 2nd, Sharks could've EASILY went up 2-0 and who knows where this goes if that happens. 

It's unfortunate the OOT scoreboard didn't give us any help with Pens and Flyers both winning in matchups you'd probably project them to lose.

Barring the Red Wings falling apart, the only "realistic" targets at the moment are Tampa (up 5, Devils have two in hand) and Philly (up 5, Devils have one in hand).  And of course now the Penguins have three in hand on the Devils, with two less points.  

The best result was only two points coming out of the Flyer - Lightning game.  Would've sucked if someone snatched up a loser point there.

By the time the Devils play their next game, the Lightning will have played Buffalo (2/29), and the Flyers will have taken on the Caps (3/1, 3 hours ahead of the Devils, who also play that night).  If they fall seven back to both teams (especially by virtue of losing to the DUCKS)...man, even with having games in hand on both, Fitz has gotta wave the white flag already, and start to see who might want Toffoli.

1 hour ago, nmigliore said:

Or if Blackwood didn’t do what Blackwood does and come up with yet another injury when he was probably going to stick it to us

21 minutes ago, Puckbuster said:

The Devils need to go 17-6 for 98 points.

In those games, the tough ones in my opinion are Panthers, Canes, Rags X2, Vegas, Leafs X3, and Jets.  So of those 9 tough ones, we'd have to win 3 of them, which isn't out of the realm of possibility. 

But that means we'd also have to win the easy ones - can't falter against the Yotes, Ducks, Sabres, Sens. 

The pivotal ones will be against NYI, PHI, and PIT.  Win those outright (i.e. no OT/SO) and that's a four point swing. Lose them, and it makes the hill to climb almost insurmountable. 

Should be interesting, to say the least. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

In those games, the tough ones in my opinion are Panthers, Canes, Rags X2, Vegas, Leafs X3, and Jets.  So of those 9 tough ones, we'd have to win 3 of them, which isn't out of the realm of possibility. 

But that means we'd also have to win the easy ones - can't falter against the Yotes, Ducks, Sabres, Sens. 

The pivotal ones will be against NYI, PHI, and PIT.  Win those outright (i.e. no OT/SO) and that's a four point swing. Lose them, and it makes the hill to climb almost insurmountable. 

Definitely interesting. Really cutting it down to the wire, when they haven't looked like a realistic playoff team all season long. Can't rule them out til they're mathematically eliminated, but man they'd have to get red hot to make it truly interesting as far as not just treading water if they made playoffs. I'm still hopeful.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, NJDfan1711 said:

I’m disappointed.  I’m lashing out verbally against the team in frustration.  Despite all that I’m still hopeful.

Let’s go Devils!!!!!! You can do it!!!!!!!!!!