Toffoli to WPG Jets for a 2025 second-round pick and a 2024 third-round pick. Retained Half Salary

Absolute horsesh!t. I would’ve kept Toffoli just to spite these fvcking teams. A 2nd in 2025, kiss my fvcking ass. 

Just now, RunninWithTheDevil said:

The best part of today has been Kevin Weekes tweeting out ***BREAKING NEWS*** about 7 minutes after everyone else has reported it lol

Weekes is more annoying than herpes. Dude wants to be an insider so bad, but never has any info. 

5 minutes ago, DevilMinder said:

Hopefully some more interesting goalie news happens before then or we are getting a repeat.

I'm just happy this dreadful season is almost over and the Red Bulls are actually looking to be entertaining this year. 

I think the reality is the following:

Since Fitz and Toffoli were far apart in contract negotiations, and given that the Devils are most likely not making it to the post season - you load up on assets by trading him now. 

Also, can there be a gentleman's agreement between Chevy and Fitzy on Helleybuck in the off-season? Not likely, but this could be a good will trade between the two sides that sets something bigger up for the off-season. 

Also, not very likely Toffoli wants to live in Winnipeg, so he might come back to NJ in the off-season anyways. 

4 minutes ago, ajsgolf said:

Hey Fitz, take toffoli’s stick and shove it up your a$$.  You useless fvck.

Fitz did nothing to redeem himself today. Good lord has he had a terrible season. I mean, THIS WAS REALLY THE BEST YOU COULD DO? You couldn’t wait til 2:59 to let the bids roll in?!?!! fvck you dude.

Edited by MadDog2020
  • Like 1

Awesome more disappointing news, im Honestly starting to hate this fvcking pansy of a gm we have, he’s a big bitch, guy has zero balls and it’s absolutely 110% his fault we’re not making the playoffs 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mitico12 said:

I think the reality is the following:

Since Fitz and Toffoli were far apart in contract negotiations, and given that the Devils are most likely not making it to the post season - you load up on assets by trading him now. 

Also, can there be a gentleman's agreement between Chevy and Fitzy on Helleybuck in the off-season? Not likely, but this could be a good will trade between the two sides that sets something bigger up for the off-season. 

Also, not very likely Toffoli wants to live in Winnipeg, so he might come back to NJ in the off-season anyways. 

Hellebuyck has a full NMC

Winnipeg turned their organization around the second they absolutely robbed the Kings in the PLD deal.

theres no way they’re moving him 

Edited by jagknife
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Nah I don’t think so. He couldn’t finagle a fvcking first? Bullsh!t.

We don't need the assets in the same way that we did 2-3 years ago. These assets are going to be used for the bigger fish. Would a first be nice? yeah, but it's not always on the table and it's what makes Toffs an interesting add. 

It's a buyers market this time of year. 

Edited by RizzMB30

2 minutes ago, RizzMB30 said:

We don't need the assets in the same way that we did 2-3 years ago. These assets are going to be used for the bigger fish. Would a first be nice? yeah, but it's not always on the table and it's what makes Toffs an interesting add. 

Fitz failed us here. The price is a 1; if you don’t wanna pay a 1, I’ll gladly keep the guy and let him walk. Even if you don’t intend to do that, MAKE OTHER TEAMS THINK YOU ARE so maybe they’ll panic and give you that 1. I can almost guarantee that wasn’t done here. 

Edited by MadDog2020

2 minutes ago, RizzMB30 said:

Doesn't mean you settle.  He apparently didn't want to trade him to the east either.

1 minute ago, smelly said:

Sellers market. Best deal on table. 

Then they can shove the deal up their ass. 

Just now, smelly said:

How so? When literally no GM would unsurprisingly pay more, what was he supposed to do?

Fans ALWAYS overvalue rentals. 

Say fvck YOU and keep him then. 

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, RunninWithTheDevil said:

The best part of today has been Kevin Weekes tweeting out ***BREAKING NEWS*** about 7 minutes after everyone else has reported it lol

He’s such an idiot.  I didn’t mind him when he was playing, but his career in broadcasting has been laughable.

• Like 2