GDT: 3/11/24 - Devils @ Rangers 7:00 pm NHLN/MSGSN/MSG

ButlerBulldog

5 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

Maybe these guys just aren't very good. I mean, I know some are young, but they just don't look like they can score right now.  Playing very, VERY bad hockey on ALL sides of the game.

Lindy Ruff's coaching is still evident. 

Edited by Devs64

Just now, Nicomo said:

The defense sucking is one thing. The goaltending sucking is one thing. The PP being THIS bad is just completely inexcusable. 

And its architect got promoted.  At least he’ll be gone in five weeks.

• Like 3
  • Vomiting 1

Just now, NJDfan1711 said:

Hahahahaha.  One shot in 5 minutes. Good luck explaining that, Green. He should be honest and say "What so you want me to tell you? They/we sucked"

He’s only the coach because he’s Not Lindy.  Only 17 games left of him.

• Like 3

I'm gonna go ahead and say it, Luke is absolute trash on the PP and he's a detriment to Jack. To me it seems like when Jack has a smart play to make he'll instead pass it to his little brother Luke. Either that or Jack continues to play like the American Kovalchuk.

• Like 1

Just now, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

He’s only the coach because he’s Not Lindy.  Only 17 games left of him.

Oh I understand, but you'd think a guy in limited time would want to do his best to make it at least look like a little bit of a turnaround while he was the coach so that maybe he would get some opportunities elsewhere next year. 

Just now, Max20Characters said:

I'm gonna go ahead and say it, Luke is absolute trash on the PP and he's a detriment to Jack. To me it seems like when Jack has a smart play to make he'll instead pass it to his little brother Luke. Either that or Jack continues to play like the American Kovalchuk.

Fair.

Luke is no Dougie, and it shows. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, ButlerBulldog said:

The “bye, bye” wave is what gets me.  If you won’t fight, you don’t get to do that.

He's a punk. 

Just now, Devs64 said:

Luke is just plain horrible...one brain fart after another. 

Let's face it. If his last name wasn't Hughes he'd be nowhere near the ice.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, NJDfan1711 said:

Oh I understand, but you'd think a guy in limited time would want to do his best to make it at least look like a little bit of a turnaround while he was the coach so that maybe he would get some opportunities elsewhere next year. 

Fair.

Luke is no Dougie, and it shows. 

I’d like to see Nemec get more time with the first power play unit.  As he’s a right-handed shooter, he might create additional shooting angles the current group cannot because they’re all left-handed.

• Like 2

Just now, NJDfan1711 said:

It’s limited time, for what that’s worth, but Green’s mostly just shown why he’s only gotten one head coaching gig in a league that can’t wait to groom future retreads.  He might not even get another assistant gig.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, ButlerBulldog said:

Every defenseman not named Nemec has been bad recently.  I give Luke something of a pass because he’s young, but the rest of the group has been terrible.  The only thing that will fix this mess—beyond Smith being banished and Dougie returning—is a new defensive coach.

How wi Hamilton help fix the defense? Adding him is throwing gas on the fire.

2 minutes ago, Devs64 said:

Luke is just plain horrible...one brain fart after another. 

Real coaching will do wonders for that kid.

• Like 2

Just now, ButlerBulldog said:

I’d like to see Nemec get more time with the first power play unit.  As he’s a right-handed shooter, he might create additional shooting angles the current group cannot because they’re all left-handed.

This. Plus he's usually not afraid to shoot

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ButlerBulldog said:

I was thinking that too, until I just saw him out there on the last power play (not sure which unit) and he totally passed a puck across the blue line and put of the zone...

• Haha 1