GDT: St Paddys day 3:30 pm Edition: Devils @ Vegas bling knights

DevilMinder

Just now, Aznjsn said:

Always on the national broadcast do we get embarrassed.

Time to buyback the rest of my games for this season, no hope left.

I mean I wouldn't consider this an embarrassment..

• Like 1

Didn’t watch a single minute of this and I don’t regret it one bit.

Just hope Fitz gets the hard reset right.  

• Like 3

Just now, NJDfan1711 said:

Luke slow at the end there.  I'm sure he was gassed, but he looked lethargic.  He's had a bad season. Needs to prove this was an anomaly this year and some back strong next season.

Green needs to stop pairing him with Nemec, who’s been one of few bright spots defensively.  I wouldn’t mind if Luke were a healthy scratch for one of the home games coming up.

1 minute ago, NJDfan1711 said:

Luke slow at the end there.  I'm sure he was gassed, but he looked lethargic.  He's had a bad season. Needs to prove this was an anomaly this year and some back strong next season.

No he hasn’t. He was very good Oct/Nov/Dec. He’s had a bad 2nd half of the season. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

He didn’t start bad, but def appeared to hit the wall HARD.  I still think he’ll be ok.

I think Groan offers just as little as Lindy did.  Maybe even less.

• Like 1

Just now, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

He didn’t start bad, but def appeared to hit the wall HARD.  I still think he’ll be ok.

The silver lining with Green is that four weeks from now, he’ll be packing up his things.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

I know this season has been bad, but come on. His first full pro season, hasn't missed a minute, 0.5ppg as D man in the NHL on a team that basically shat the bed.

Have his performances declined? Yes, but it's not been a disaster.

Better coaching and maybe some better support next season.

• Like 5

Men against Boys (again).  Physically dominated.  They ain't going anywhere until the get BIG and PHYSICAL players who PLAY HARD-especially forwards who can create space for Jack/Nico/Bratt.  They don't need a hard nosed coach-they need hard nosed players.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Yeah, I'm still optimistic that he'll turn things around next year. 

5 minutes ago, Chimaira_Devil_#9 said:

I know this season has been bad, but come on. His first full pro season, hasn't missed a minute, 0.5ppg as D man in the NHL on a team that basically shat the bed.

He still has a ton of potential, absolutely, and yeah his offensive numbers have been pretty good, but his defensive skills really declined the second half of the season.  I hope he makes better decisions next year. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Chimaira_Devil_#9 said:

Honestly I’m hard-pressed to think of a worse-coached team this year than the Devils.  The players obviously played a role in this season going off the rails too, but good lord Lindy and Groan could fvck up with just about ANY roster right now.  They do more harm than good.

• Like 3

Just now, Have Another Donut said:

Men against Boys (again).  Physically dominated.  They ain't going anywhere until the get BIG and PHYSICAL players who PLAY HARD-especially forwards who can create space for Jack/Nico/Bratt.  They don't need a hard nosed coach-they need hard nosed players.

Who exactly are you referring to and asking for? A physical forward who crashes the net?  They got that in Meier.  Or, do you mean just a physical body who will check anything that moves?  They got that in MacDermid.  

I don't really understand who else or what else you think they're gonna bring in. Big physical players don't exactly grow on trees. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

He still has a ton of potential, absolutely, and yeah his offensive numbers have been pretty good, but his defensive skills really declined the second half of the season.  I hope he makes better decisions next year. 

I will continue to disagree with this. It’s his decision making with the puck, and his ineffectiveness on the PP that’s the biggest problem, imo. I actually think he’s been mostly fine as a defender. 

• Like 1