GDT: 3/19/24 Penguins @ Devils 7:00 pm MSGSN

ButlerBulldog

Me, at the beginning of the season:  "Man, can't wait to take in as many games as possible, looking forward to taking my kid to lots of games, maybe they won't bank 112 points again but they should make the playoffs, man this season is going to be FUUUUUUN..."

Me, now:  "Oh they're playing tonight?  Yay."

Er, LGD, I guess.

Said it before but man this limbo period sucks.  We know changes are coming, and that Fitz is going to be the one who gets to make them, but not until well after this season is over.  For now it's just watch the dead team walkin' limp its way to the finish line as it plays out the string, while everyone complains about all things Fitz...the same things that we've complained about over and over again already and won't begin to be solved for at least another 6-8 weeks.  Not knocking anyone here for bitching about Fitz and this season gone wrong, it all is what it is.  I just wanna skip past all of this already.    

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Me, at the beginning of the season:  "Man, can't wait to take in as many games as possible, looking forward to taking my kid to lots of games, maybe they won't bank 112 points again but they should make the playoffs, man this season is going to be FUUUUUUN..."

Me, now:  "Oh they're playing tonight?  Yay."

Er, LGD, I guess.

Said it before but man this limbo period sucks.  We know changes are coming, and that Fitz is going to be the one who gets to make them, but not until well after this season is over.  For now it's just watch the dead team walkin' limp its way to the finish line as it plays out the string, while everyone complains about all things Fitz...the same things that we've complained about over and over again already and won't begin to be solved for at least another 6-8 weeks.  Not knocking anyone here for bitching about Fitz and this season gone wrong, it all is what it is.  I just wanna skip past all of this already.    

I still enjoy watching the team play, if only because it gives me a chance to watch individual players I like, but I agree that my outlook for this team will be much more positive once Fitz has brought in a new coach and starting goalie—and the Rangers have been bounced in the second round of the playoffs.

• Like 3

Big game tonight Travis!  Make sure the boys are ready to play.   A win tonight could put us one step closer to having one of your ideal replacements currently employed by Pittsburgh be free to accept a job offer from NJ this summer.   LGD!

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, Lateralous said:

Big game tonight Travis!  Make sure the boys are ready to play.   A win tonight could put us one step closer to having one of your ideal replacements currently employed by Pittsburgh be free to accept a job offer from NJ this summer.   LGD!

Whenever I hear Mike Sullivan’s name, I think of the character from Road to Perdition.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, nmigliore said:

Would be nice... granted, even if it does happen, I give it 1 period (less?) before Green breaks it apart for his panic button line (Jack/Nico/Bratt). 

Seasons over anyway, just shut Jack down for the rest so he can get healthy. 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, DevilMinder said:

jeez what a bad pass to center ice by hughes (pick one).

I want this guy to be the Devils' next coach:

Lou Brown (@LouBrownTribe86) / X

Luke, every time you pass the puck backwards on a power play without trying to get into the offensive zone, you owe me 50 pushups!

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

I want this guy to be the Devils' next coach:

Lou Brown (@LouBrownTribe86) / X

Luke, every time you pass the puck backwards on a power play without trying to get into the offensive zone, you owe me 50 pushups!

Who’s this team’s Roger Dorn, a has-been who uses his career to facilitate exploring other interests?

43 minutes ago, ButlerBulldog said:

Who’s this team’s Roger Dorn, a has-been who uses his career to facilitate exploring other interests?

Back in the day that was absolutely Brian Rolston Part Deux.

There's older guys currently here who aren't as good as they were but (sadly) I think they're trying (Palat, Smith).  Rolston played like he couldn't have given less of a damn, and seem to almost relish being a nudge.  Remember those stupid winks that he would give to the camera when he was here that second time?  I don't know what that guy's deal was, especially since he supposedly WANTED to come back here and had his agent contact Lou.  

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Back in the day that was absolutely Brian Rolston Part Deux.

There's older guys currently here who aren't as good as they were but (sadly) I think they're trying (Palat, Smith).  Rolston played like he couldn't have given less of a damn, and seem to almost relish being a nudge.  Remember those stupid winks that he would give to the camera when he was here that second time?  I don't know what that guy's deal was, especially since he supposedly WANTED to come back here and had his agent contact Lou.  

Rolston and Rob Neiderglider on this team damn near killed me. 

• Vomiting 4