GDT: 3/21/24 Jets @ Devils 7:00 pm MSGSN

ButlerBulldog

In my opinion it's stupid to give any tribute to Toffoli. Dude was here for less than a season. Fine player, and I was on record not wanting to trade him, but his contributions in the grand scheme and history of this team are as insignificant as could be. 

With that said, it's almost a guarantee he scores against us. 

Let's Go Devils.

• Like 5

22 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

In my opinion it's stupid to give any tribute to Toffoli. Dude was here for less than a season. Fine player, and I was on record not wanting to trade him, but his contributions in the grand scheme and history of this team are as insignificant as could be. 

Let's Go Devils.

Yea but that's what's been happening around the league for the last couple years so that's why it's funny.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NJDfan1711 said:

Let's Go Devils.

He was here for like 45 games. A tribute video would be ridiculous.

• Like 2

Just now, MadDog2020 said:

He was here for like 45 games. A tribute video would be ridiculous.

I'm definitely on board with "Enough with the tribute videos" nonsense.

We won't know until this offseason of course, but I get the feeling if Toffoli can't get more than a three-year offer from anyone else, Fitz will be open to re-signing him, and Toffoli will be open to coming back. 

Not going to act like this has already happened and then rip Fitz for it, but I won't be all that shocked if it does.  Say something like 3 years @ $4.3 million AAV.  I'd rather just go in a different direction myself.  When he's scoring in a montage of highlights he can look very enticing, but then there's the rest of the time.  

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

I'm definitely on board with "Enough with the tribute videos" nonsense.

We won't know until this offseason of course, but I get the feeling if Toffoli can't get more than a three-year offer from anyone else, Fitz will be open to re-signing him, and Toffoli will be open to coming back. 

Not going to act like this has already happened and then rip Fitz for it, but I won't be all that shocked if it does.  Say something like 3 years @ $4.3 million AAV.  I'd rather just go in a different direction myself.  When he's scoring in a montage of highlights he can look very enticing, but then there's the rest of the time.  

If he does return, I hope the new coach isn’t stupid enough to move Timo out of position to accommodate him.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ButlerBulldog said:

If he does return, I hope the new coach isn’t stupid enough to move Timo out of position to accommodate him.

That should be a required interview question, “where will you play Timo.”

if the answer isn’t “right wing and net front on the PP” take a hike.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, 2ELIAS6 said:

About a 9% chance to make the playoff, we’re still alive! Hammer down, win out, not over until it’s over damn it!

It's very likely over but fvck it, I'm all in. I'm riding Jake "the motherfvcking Snake" Allen as my new avatar until we acquire a 1A goalie in the summer. 

• Like 5

39 minutes ago, nmigliore said:

It's very likely over but fvck it, I'm all in. I'm riding Jake "the motherfvcking Snake" Allen as my new avatar until we acquire a 1A goalie in the summer. 

He's been nothing short of fantastic. Even though there's only a dozen games left, it'd be nice to see the rear of the team rally, and show the same effort that he's shown in his few games here. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Rob_Ottawa said:

Ya I was totally wrong about him, but it is still a small sample

VERY small sample.  But yeah would love to see him get on some kind of "Where the hell did THIS guy come from?!" run for sure...why not?  He's on my team now; sure as hell ain't rootin' against him.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 2ELIAS6 said:

About a 9% chance to make the playoff, we’re still alive! Hammer down, win out, not over until it’s over damn it!

1 hour ago, nmigliore said:

How hilarious would it be if we snuck into that last WC and took out the Rangers again after sucking ass all season 😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

16 minutes ago, RunninWithTheDevil said:

How hilarious would it be if we snuck into that last WC and took out the Rangers again after sucking ass all season 😂

It won’t happen, but it would be absolutely hilarious.

• Like 1

I'm confused with this playoff system.  I thought the last wildcard get's # 1 in the east which would be Florida. or Does the last wildcard get 1st in division  in this divisional playoff format?  (Still a doubting Thomas that the question matters😃) Sorry I usually have a little more hope with the Devils making the playoffs when they are in this situation. (But then again they are usually in a better place in the standings)

15 minutes ago, Rock said:

I'm confused with this playoff system.  I thought the last wildcard get's # 1 in the east which would be Florida. or Does the last wildcard get 1st in division  in this divisional playoff format?  (Still a doubting Thomas that the question matters😃) Sorry I usually have a little more hope with the Devils making the playoffs when they are in this situation. (But then again they are usually in a better place in the standings)

The team with the most points in the conference plays the second wildcard; so yeah we’d actually play Florida.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rock said:

I'm just bullsh!tting about playing the Rangers, I wasn't referring to current standings 

• Like 2