GDT: 4/9/2024 Leafs @ Devils 7:00 pm Zamboni Time

Only four more of these left to play.  Devils have obviously been toast for weeks, but once the Metro3 and WC2 slots are filled by teams with 88 points or more, that's officially (mercifully) it.

If any of you see a bald guy wearing a red Bratt jersey (it's a pre-Adidas, as it's from his first Development Camp) riding the Zamboni before the third period...yep, that will be me.  A bud of mine's wife won tix and the Zamboni ride for two, and since she has less than zero interest in hockey, we're going.  Think I'm more interested in that than the game itself.

Oh well, guess I'd love to see Bratt reach 80 points (he'll occasionally look disengaged but he looks like a guy who as long as he's healthy will put up 70-80 points by season's end in his prime years).  Maybe Jack can reach 80 as well, if he's not sat down early.

BTW Nico has 179 points over his last 179 GP...70 G and 109 A (or 32 G and 50 A per 82 GP).  And he's a fine 200 ft player and he plays tough minutes, and this was about what his top end was projected to be coming out of the draft; 1OAs can't ALL be 100+ point dynamic types.  He's a fine player and a great Devil.  Just hope that his prime years aren't wasted here.

L G D

• Like 5

55 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Only four more of these left to play.  Devils have obviously been toast for weeks, but once the Metro3 and WC2 slots are filled by teams with 88 points or more, that's officially (mercifully) it.

If any of you see a bald guy wearing a red Bratt jersey (it's a pre-Adidas, as it's from his first Development Camp) riding the Zamboni before the third period...yep, that will be me.  A bud of mine's wife won tix and the Zamboni ride for two, and since she has less than zero interest in hockey, we're going.  Think I'm more interested in that than the game itself.

Oh well, guess I'd love to see Bratt reach 80 points (he'll occasionally look disengaged but he looks like a guy who as long as he's healthy will put up 70-80 points by season's end in his prime years).  Maybe Jack can reach 80 as well, if he's not sat down early.

BTW Nico has 179 points over his last 179 GP...70 G and 109 A (or 32 G and 50 A per 82 GP).  And he's a fine 200 ft player and he plays tough minutes, and this was about what his top end was projected to be coming out of the draft; 1OAs can't ALL be 100+ point dynamic types.  He's a fine player and a great Devil.  Just hope that his prime years aren't wasted here.

L G D

I've sung my praises about Nico aplenty but Bratt certainly deserves a ton of credit for the incredible year he's having as well. He has the same amount of five-on-five primary assists as Nathan MacKinnon (24). The only players with more? Connor McDavid (31) and Nikita Kucherov (25). Those are your 3 MVP favorites right there... great company. He's also 11th in total points at five-on-five, plus he's an excellent play/possession driver (59% on-ice goal share, 58% expected goal share).

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, nmigliore said:

I've sung my praises about Nico aplenty but Bratt certainly deserves a ton of credit for the incredible year he's having as well. He has the same amount of five-on-five primary assists as Nathan MacKinnon (24). The only players with more? Connor McDavid (31) and Nikita Kucherov (25). Those are your 3 MVP favorites right there... great company. He's also 11th in total points at five-on-five, plus he's an excellent play/possession driver (59% on-ice goal share, 58% expected goal share).

Yeah Bratt has earned every cent of his paycheck.  I have no beefs with him at all; the Devils "biggies" (Nico, Jack, Bratt and Timo) were not really the problem this year...in Timo's case, it sure seems like Lindy got in the way far too often.

If anything I like that Bratt's finishing the season strong...hopefully when the Devils are playoff-bound again, we'll see that continue.  Last year it was a different story.  

• Like 2

Yes, please shut him down. I think it's been clear since he came back he's not playing at 100%... this probably should've happened sooner.

On the positive side, sounds like Nolan Foote will be in tonight.

• Like 5

46 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

About time. 

35 minutes ago, nmigliore said:

Yes, please shut him down. I think it's been clear since he came back he's not playing at 100%... this probably should've happened sooner.

On the positive side, sounds like Nolan Foote will be in tonight.

Yeah see ya next year Jack!  Hopefully a healthier 2024-25 season awaits him.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Yeah see ya next year Jack!  Hopefully a healthier 2024-25 season awaits him.

We may be seeing the “Jack Hughes had successful surgery” post within the next week. Hopefully he comes back at full health next year with a new coach and goalie tandem 

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

I've always thought it's awkward that they have started putting adults on those more recently lol 

I'm going to, not excited about it but since there's only 2 home games left and I've barely gone the past month I figured might as well since October is a long ways away. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

I've always thought it's awkward that they have started putting adults on those more recently lol 

I'm going to, not excited about it but since there's only 2 home games left and I've barely gone the past month I figured might as well since October is a long ways away. 

Yeah I can't say it's something that I would ever purposely seek out to do lol.  

13 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

Apparently we can be officially eliminated tonight with a regulation loss. 

Yep...if the Devils lose in regulation, they can only finish with 85 points max.  All it will take is any two teams currently ahead of them finishing with 86 points or more.  Right now the Isles have 85, and the Wings and Pens have 84.

The Wings and Caps play each other too, which means one of them is coming away with two points.  If the Wings win, that's 86...the Caps would finish the night with 85 should they win.

I suspect if they're not dead tonight, they will be by Thursday at the latest.  Which like I said, there had better not be any "We were in it until the end" nonsense from the organization (I suspect that there won't be).   

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

We may be seeing the “Jack Hughes had successful surgery” post within the next week. Hopefully he comes back at full health next year with a new coach and goalie tandem 

You're assuming they deign to give us an update lol

17 minutes ago, NJDevs4978 said:

You're assuming they deign to give us an update lol

I can totally picture Novo finding out and writing a story against Fitz’s wishes, the final straw that gets him banned from the Rock.

• EvilHeart 1