Devils trade rumour -- big deal to come?

ghdi

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

his E system is the amount of "sources"

I hope hes dead wrong on this one, yesterday we were getting Bertuzzi, now we're losing three forwards, one of whom (Brylin) I feel is integral to our system. Langs and Freeze I can understand being moved but Brylin!? I think he was on the block before but I doubt Lou deals him.

I know we have to clear cap, but christ.

E2 means he's heard it from multiple sources that aren't involved with the deal itself and really isn't that substantial.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

So as the number gets higher, the less reliable it is?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

no the higher the # the more sources hes heard it from

Edited by ghdi

Let me throw out another thought on this mega-deal:

If marty could play anywhere but NJ where would it be? That's right-Montreal

How bout marty,langenbruner, & prospect (Demarchi) for theodore & fw ?[/size]

I cant see Lou dumping Brylin, a heart and soul player for the Devils who has been a member of every Cup team, and has continually been a reliable forward.

I also cant see Lou dumping Langenbrunner, a player who he coveted for 7 yrs before getting him in the Arnott trade, and whom was arguably our most reliable two way forward in the 2003 playoffs.

The new Єklund (2.3% accurate) (2.3% accurate) post, makes no sense.

No way we deal three players, plus the fact two of them are our most consistent and reliable forwards.

For three high end draft picks? Please.

At least give us a top flight prospect or two.

I dont believe this anymore, Lou plays things close to his vest, he will make a move or two, but it wont be this.

By the way in that Єklund (2.3% accurate) (2.3% accurate) rumor, in case anyone notices.

We get ripped off in that trade.

And Florida walks away with pretty much the best players in the trade.

I believe it... we need to shed salary. Lou also wants to have spots for some of our younger guys, aka Parise, Suglobov. I think he will give Friesen, Kozlov, but not Langebrunner though. Who knows at this point. Just that something is going to happen in order for us to make under the cap. I can not see us adding another aging sniper, although it would be fun to have Bondra and Mogilny on the same PP with Martin, Gomez and Malakhov,

It's disturbing to me that Langenbrunner's name is coming up in all these rumors. And now Sarge too? Those are two guys I REALLY hope to not see traded.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I wouldn't be too concerned.

It doesnt make sense to me either- Langenbrunner doesn't have the market value of a Kozlov or a Friesen so I can't see that many teams being interested in him. This is not to say he isn't a great player, because he a perfect Devil, but he isn't a flashy "scorer" marquee value as the others.

We do need to shed salary though. I am hoping Lou just stocks up on draft picks for Albany. I think we are pretty crowded up front.

This guy is damaged goods now. He will never be what he once was. Some of you are looking at his size and talent alone but that is a huge mistake. What has transpired in the past surely will affect his play on the ice, unless Bertuzzi has a really good shrink to help put the past behind him. This is a player who has been villified and villainized, and if you don't think that, along with the massive guilt he must be feeling, is going to negatively affect his play, then you must think Todd Bertuzzi is some kind of animal, or you just don't get it.

lou loves langenbrunner - has since before the nagano olympics, langs was the key in the nieuwendyk trade, between that and the fact that his salary doesn't releive enough cap room, i don't think he's in the deal.

but, the rumor does have legs simply because, as we've all said, NJ is going to have to shed 2 or 3 high $$ players for draft picks and prospects, just to get back under the cap - so keep dreaming about bertuzzi or the sedins or jovocop, the reality is that no matter who we trade, we're not seeing the someone new coming onto the roster unless they earn less than a million a year.

This guy is damaged goods now. He will never be what he once was. Some of you are looking at his size and talent alone but that is a huge mistake. What has transpired in the past surely will affect his play on the ice, unless Bertuzzi has a really good shrink to help put the past behind him. This is a player who has been villified and villainized, and if you don't think that, along with the massive guilt he must be feeling, is going to negatively affect his play, then you must think Todd Bertuzzi is some kind of animal, or you just don't get it.

You seem to presume much about Todd's physical and mental abilities. What else do we have to base Todd on other than his talent, size, and previous stats? Basing Bertuzzi on how he may have changed since "the incident" could be a much bigger mistake. When last he was on the ice Bertuzzi was one of the best players in the NHL around the net and any team could use that. I think you're projecting how you expect him to react/think he should react, you might be right, but you might give him a chance that he learned from this experience and he will be a better person and even better player.

I expect Bertuzzi to be just as good as we last saw him and if in the right situation could be even better. I hope it's with the Devils.

GO DEVILS!!!

Edited by NJDF

JD, you may be right.

Some players never recover from stuff like that.

On the other hand some players are uneffected by this stuff... think Lance Armstrong, Ty Cobb, etc.

What we pine for, as NFDF correctly pointed out it, is the Todd Bertuzzi that was a wrecking ball... the one we saw when he last played... he's a Holik with hands and heart.

I do hope he comes to the Devils. We've not had a forward like that ever. I don't think his career is over in anyway. I expect him to play mad. In some respects he got a bad deal for what happened with Moore. What he did was completely wrong, but others have done worse and nothing happened (think Domi and Nieds). And he became the ignorant media's whipping boy for all that is wrong with hockey.

He deserves a new start.. hopefully with the Devils!

Bertuzzi Todd, Right Wing, Vancouver Canucks, $5,269,080.00.

It's a non-issue.  We'd have to give Vancouver Marty & Raffy, or he'd never fit under the cap.

Move along.

yes we know... but it is fun to think about these fantasies in the slow season

what's the harm?

Wait a minute. Devils would give up Langenbrunner, Friesen and Brylin and end up with 3 high draft picks??

First off, there is no way to guarantee that they would be high draft picks. Would that team purposely lose just so the terms of the trade would be met? I dont think so.

Second, I know that Devs are over the cap but to give up 3 central parts of the team for 3 pick is a bad deal. Is there enough in the farm to overcome this?

I think this rumor stinks and hope it doesnt happen.

This is back to the front page of the thread. I forgot about the rest of the pages. :huh::whistling:

Edited by Mighty One

By the way in that Єklund (2.3% accurate) (2.3% accurate) rumor, in case anyone notices.

We get ripped off in that trade.

And Florida walks away with pretty much the best players in the trade.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

WTF? No players were named -- basically you say then Florida has only sh!te to trade and the devils can only pick up sh!te compared to what they lose... :blink: Oliwa for Luongo there now Florida gets the shaft.. happy?

In fairness maybe I missed a new rumor today -- but all the names being bandied about are bandied by US only! NJdevs rumors are what they ALL are -- Єklund (2.3% accurate) (2.3% accurate) just set the boundries for us to knock ourselves out in.