Who would become our next coach???

Devil Fan

Here is my top 5 candidates

5) Pat Quinn, if he could be axed if the leafs fail to make the playoffs

4)Lou himself, give him one full season and let's see how he does

3)Brent Sutter, he said he won't leave the Red Deer, but who knows??

2)Brian Sutter, I love the Sutters as the head coach because ...check that with the Flames

1)Andy Murray, he is underrated and the problem for LA is their inconsistent goaltending, which is a never-be-a-problem with the NJ in short term.

Out of those choices i'd say Andy Murray, he's a pretty good coach, and also, Pat Quinn, i know lots of people hate him but Quinn is a good coach although i don't see him as a good fit...

Doc Emerick spoke at the fan club meeting last week and he said Burnsie's health is really coming along and don't be surprised if that is why Lou is still coach, waiting for him to return next season. While I'd love to see that happen, I just hope he really would be well enough to endure an entire season and all the travel and stress that goes with coaching this team. I'd hate to see him put his health in jeopardy.

Bring back Pat Burns.

Pat Quinn is a good coach but I just dont see him behind the Devils bench.

Andy Murray is a good coach too, but I've also heard some rumblings that part of the reason he was let go was because he treated his players horribly. Not as a tough coach just lack of respect all together. I dont know if that's true but that's what I heard.

If Pat Burns is healthy, and he wants it, then it should be his job. After all, he never did get fired. I'd take Andy Murray before Quinn, but Pat Quinn is a great coach. His style of play doesn't suit the Devils though, but he's a great coach for younger players.

Burns back would be great - if there is one thing this team has shown us over the years it's that they need a disciplinarian head coach, and a friend of the players assistant to play go-between. I get the feeling Johnny Mac is more Larry Robinson than he is Burns or Lemaire.

Also, burnsy has been sitting around watching a lot of hockey the last couple of years - I'd have to figure he's got some ideas that he'd like to try out.

Of course, if he's not quite healthy enough, and that should be first and foremost, then my next choice would be to grab one of the sutter's - I think that's a hockey family there that knows what it takes to win - and, they all seem to have that "fire" in them that makes for great NHL coaches, (not as over the top yelling and screaming at everything say like Ftorek, but not so laid back and easy going as say Robinson - a coach that knows when to voice his anger at the refs, when to voice his anger at the other team, and when to voice his anger at his own players - but not go so far over the top as to lose them)

pat quinn!

how awesome would it be if he came to the Devils and they got another cup...lol!

the maple leafs would and their fans would be forced to commit hari kari...

If only that reason. :rofl:

But I'd have to say no.

Screw pat quinn! he's a winey weenie. I'd like to see Paul Maurice, or Beian Sutter.

Burnsy returning would be cool too. No one has mentioned any of the euro coaches, like the swiss coach.

I'm also hoping lou will sign that swiss defenseman. (forgot his name)