Who Will You Root For?

Sting

This is a big IF guys...i'm not being pessimistic here but it's something that's been bothering me.

If we wont make it past the 1st round, who will you root for? will you stay in the East or pack up West?

Last year i was rooting for Montreal (they're my second fav team) but since this year it looks like the Rags have a better chance of making it to the playoffs then the Canadiens, i'll probably have to root for the Sens.

Wait you mean the Devils are still going to make it into the playoffs? I thought they were going to lose every game until the end of the season trying to back their way into 9th, and if that wasn't possible, they were going to surrender their playoff spot since, heck, all is lost anyway so why bother showing up and costing the fans money since they they don't get paid after the end of the regular season anyway.

This post doesn't bug me that much.

Agreed. It's perfectly natural to have these thoughts, especially when so many Eastern teams ostensibly upgraded big-time while we merely added a few role players. (I'm counting Rheaume here.) Personally, I think we'll make it to the second round, but all bets are off after that, depending on who(m?) we face.

To everyone piling on Sting, you apparently didn't see (or chose to ignore) the first line, which reads:

This is a big IF guys...i'm not being pessimistic here but it's something that's been bothering me.

Again, see first paragraph, beginning with second word.

I'm with Rock on this one; we'll cross that bridge when/if we come to it.

No Devils means that I'd be stuck rooting for the Ducks. I like what that team has. Either them or the Wild. (Note each team comes with Devil roots). Every other team in the playoffs I dislike with a passion. Well...maybe Tampa, Martin St. Louis is awesome.

But all this doesn't matter! Devils are getting their fingerprints back on Lord Stanleys Cup!! :burn:

Go DEVILS!!! :clap:

:evil: JesterDevil :evil:

Detroit? :lol:  

Eh...each his own.  

:puke:

Yea Jester, the Wings .... after all, and borrowing from your previous post, they have roots in the Devils!

Whe push comes to shove, who doesn't have roots in the Devils? (no offense intended, Lou!)

Nothing against you're opinion, I'm just from Michigan and despise them more then any other team in the league. Granted they do have a root (singular) from the Devils in Shannahan, but that was before the begining of hockey for me, so that doesn't count. :D

Last time I checked devils were in 2nd place, granted they may fall bit from there. How could all of you even consider rooting for another team when a playoff game has yet to be played? In reference to the 2001 Stanley cup finals, devils in 9. Hockey is over when devils season ends. Period.