GDT - Devils at NY Rangers 7 PM; Game 3

NJDevs4978

• Replies 528
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm torn now... the plan all along was to NOT watch games 3 and 4 and DVR them and watch them only if they won.... one down .... one to go.... umm.... so what do I do with the fact that I have game 5 tickets??

Egads!!!!

.... so anyone wanna see a movie Wednesday??? :P

:lol:

I was afraid to say it earlier during the game because I didn't want to jinx it, but the Devils SHUT DOWN SCOTT GOMEZ!

I don't know how we did it because I was so caught up with our offensive game.

Well, Avery did score, wasn't Gomez on the ice at the time? I can't remember. Jagr's line was far more of a problem for us tonight.

Well, Avery did score, wasn't Gomez on the ice at the time? I can't remember. Jagr's line was far more of a problem for us tonight.

Did Gomer get an assist? I didn't see the box score. But I can barely remember more than a couple of instances tonight where he was skating through the neutral zone untouched.

just a sidenote, but langenbrunner is having a really terrible series. so bad in fact that i have to think he might be injured.

Can he have a sprained brain? A lot of his bad play has been coming from not trying to make the correct play...although he has had his fair amount of physical mistakes as well.

Did Gomer get an assist? I didn't see the box score. But I can barely remember more than a couple of instances tonight where he was skating through the neutral zone untouched.

Yeah, Gomez had an assist on the Avery goal, but that was about all he did tonight.

So nice to have CONFIRMED plans for Fri. night at the ROCK.

Yes, and let's hope that all attending make it very unwelcome for the Rangers and their fans who will be sure to show up.

gomez fed him the puck. he still tried to lead several rushes, but the devils contained him better. he had that nice rush and pass to mara where brodeur made a great save in the 1st.

by the way, remember when triumph said that backman playing was better than him being suspended - that certainly was the truth tonight.

by the way, remember when triumph said that backman playing was better than him being suspended - that certainly was the truth tonight.

he's so bad. and roszvial is so soft. white pulverized him and now he's gonna hear skates behind him all the time.

i used to want him on new jersey. nope, not anymore. look elsewhere, lou.

he's so bad. and roszvial is so soft. white pulverized him and now he's gonna hear skates behind him all the time.

i used to want him on new jersey. nope, not anymore. look elsewhere, lou.

The Rangers defense are hearing footsteps now, all third period and OT they have been caughing up the puck. This is the style of hockey I wanted NJ to play for years. Corrente under Sutter and Robisonson will be somthing to watch. Lets hope Peter Deboer joins the crew next year. He is the type of mind the Devils could use for the PP.

see him infront of marty wouldnt of gotten a penalty. but he hit marty on the side with his stick and i though that would get something.

Even though it's not specifically spelled out in the rules as a penalty to put your hand/stick in front of a goalie's face like that, it is well within their discretion to call an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty, which is what they would have done if he did it again. Thankfully Drury told him what an idiot he was being, but he just kept doing it. It was good to see Marty get him right in the nards with his stick though. I just wish it had been harder. The most unbelievable thing to me was that Avery actually looked to the ref for a penalty after Marty speared him. I'm just thankful his goal later on the 5 on 3 didn't stand up as the winner.