GDT: NYR @ New Jersey 2/9/09. 7:00 PM

SatansDevils

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its crazy Eddie Olchik,(pardon me if I spelled his last name wrong), he's the voice of the Chicago Blackhawks TV broadcasts.

Oh yeah, he was also a member of the Rangers 94 cup team. Maybe thats why you can't stand him.

My God. I was going to call him a homer for the Rangers, but didn't want to call him out if it wasn't true. Thanks for confirming my suspicions.

and thus ends Tom Renney's career as the coach of the New York Rangers.

Solid game for New Jersey - too many penalties, but other than that, solid.

Zubrus has to play better. I do like his war with Scott Gomez, though. 3 penalties isn't good, although that first one was a complete joke - he gets hooked by 2 guys then touches Wade Redden for the call.

Redden is so unimaginably terrible that all my credibility on this board is gone for thinking that Lou might get this guy last off-season.

Holik played a very solid game. Not just the goal, but he was creating problems for the Rangers all night.

Also, fun stat of the night: Zach Parise has 32 goals this year. The Rangers' highest scorer has 16. Hugh Jessiman, what?

Edited by Triumph

My God. I was going to call him a homer for the Rangers, but didn't want to call him out if it wasn't true. Thanks for confirming my suspicions.

Not only that, he was also the Pens coach for a couple of seasons. An obvious lifelong Devils hater. When he was yapping about how NY was outplaying us after the timeout in the second I just wanted to punch him. We had at least 2 decent scoring chances during that time and Rangers had nothing that was close.

Great win. Solid game by Clemmy. Good to see him get a shutout.

While everyone else will probably be point out all the good stuff from the game, I wanted to bring up the 5 on 3. Sutter clearly does stuff for no reason, and the 5 forward PP is just another thing that he continues to throw out there time and time again with awful results. Here was a chance to easily ice the game with a normal 5 man PP yet he decided to try out his little experiment again, only for the whole thing to explode. Maybe the worst 5 on 3 I have ever seen.

It isn't just the 5 forward power play that bugs me. It is who is on the PP. Rolston and Langenbrunner cannot man the points if you are going to do this. Put Langenbrunner and Elias up high, and some combination of Zajac, Parise, Shanahan, Zubrus and Gionta down low if you are going to use it.

Other than that...fantastic win.

Edited by devilsrule33