Lamoriello: There’s no question Lemaire will be back as coach

brodeur14301991

Devils general manager Lou Lamoriello said he wants head coach Jacques Lemaire to return as head coach next season and expects him to be back.

“There’s no question he will be back unless you know something I don’t know,” Lamoriello said this afternoon.

Lemaire said Thursday he still loves coaching.

http://blogs.northjersey.com/blogs/fireice/

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I guess this means the organization feels the players are more to blame for this mess. And if that is in fact the case I guess some changes in the locker room will be coming.

I was not pleased with the job Lemaire did toward the end of this season but it's not fair to put all of this on him. At the end of the day players need to execute no matter what system they are playing. They had been having trouble doing that for 4 months.

Edited by Sickman

If Lou really means this, then I guess he is officially off of his rocker.

The only caveat is he thinks the problem is more the players than the coach and thus looks to dump as much dead weight as possible and see how JL does with new blood. I don’t agree but we’ll see.

This team has to look appreciably different next year, coach/players/both. If it doesn’t then he’s seriously lost touch Obviously the real world will limit some things (hi Rolston!) he can do, but they can’t stay pat. You don’t change the core all at once but ya gotta start NOW.

Well I guess this means the organization feels the players are more to blame for this mess. And if that is in fact the case I guess some changes in the locker room will be coming.

Or they are going to chalk it up to just an unlucky first round match-up, puck luck, bad bounces, players tired due to the Olympics and you'll see largely the same cast of characters, minus Kovalchuk, next season.

“I’m certainly happy with the job Jacques has done and I’m certainly not unhappy with the put in (by the players),” Lamoriello said.

I'm guess in the word effort is missing from the above quote. If Lou is not unhappy with the effort the players gave than I'm sad to say it's time for Lou Lams to step down.

This roster doesn't have to be gutted. We just need a better coach and get back to the team concept we played when we were 30-10.

You mean back when they didn't quit? There's no one.....and i mean no one....who watched this team for the last week or so and say this roster doesn't need a gutting of at least half.

This roster has weeds that need to be pulled. Blame the coach for some things and it's justifiable, but at the end of the day, it's up to the players and this group has shown an inability to do anything other then talk a good talk.

Or they are going to chalk it up to just an unlucky first round match-up, puck luck, bad bounces, players tired due to the Olympics and you'll see largely the same cast of characters, minus Kovalchuk, next season.

Just wondering, do you believe these are reasonable reasons for the way things turned out?

I mean they might sound like excuses but when you seperate your anger from the results, these are all legit reasons that contributed to the poor finish.

Personally I feel there is something wrong within that locker room but how the hell would I know any better. I just feel that the way Langs acted about his "rest" day was a clear red flag that something was not right. It just seemed like the whole vibe of this team has been off for several months now.

I feel like "quitting" en masse is a coaching issue. At the very least it's a leadership issue. I realize there's a power vacuum when it comes in-uniform leadership, but silently chewing gum while most of your team quits I think is inexcusable for a coach. If one or two players quit, then yeah, cut them loose for sure. But if the whole team shows a comprehensive lack of effort (which I'm not totally convinced of but some of you are saying) then I think the head coach is mostly responsible.

Edited by Ollie McKraut

You mean back when they didn't quit? There's no one.....and i mean no one....who watched this team for the last week or so and say this roster doesn't need a gutting of at least half.

This roster has weeds that need to be pulled. Blame the coach for some things and it's justifiable, but at the end of the day, it's up to the players and this group has shown an inability to do anything other then talk a good talk.

No, before we changed the team dynamic and lost the team concept that had been our trademark.

If your coach can't motivate or correct mistakes because you tune him out because he shows he is out of touch with the game, then its more a coaching problem.