New Kovy Update ("As the Kovy Turns")

DevsFan7545

Ah, Kovalchuk. I hope you sign in the KHL because all you are after is money. The Devils could do better than to sign him to any contract. Sure he can score 40 goals, but the post-season is a different story.

• Replies 12.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rolston, Salvador and a1st (stinks) to NYI for

Brendan Witt. Dump Witt in Albany.

And scene.

The funny thing is that if we signed Kovalchuk, the Islanders would need Rolston and Salvador's salary almost as much as we need to dump it. They need to get over the cap floor and convincing high priced free agents to sign on the Island is not easy.

Ah, Kovalchuk. I hope you sign in the KHL because all you are after is money. The Devils could do better than to sign him to any contract. Sure he can score 40 goals, but the post-season is a different story.

yea really, its obvious he doesnt really JUST want to play here, its becoming clear its all about the money! take the pay cut Kovy win a few playoff rounds and then cash in!

(Sarcasm) This just in, according to SD's bio,

"Ilya Kovalchuck to New Jersey. Long term deal 7-years $60M."

Get excited, fellas.

If he jinxed this...

He probably did since everything he says the opposite actually happens.

lol

I love this thread and have read every post. I just got back from the Seaside boardwalk to pick it up where I left off (page 35?). Enjoying my vacation!

that's where I was on July 1st. I also had the worst internet on earth and could only check the boards once before the 3rd to see if anything happened.

that's where I was on July 1st. I also had the worst internet on earth and could only check the boards once before the 3rd to see if anything happened.

Luckily, things are up to speed in this condo complex in Seaside Park. A great beach day, raw clams, Maruca's pizza and free agent madness. A great day.

fvck you Kovy,waited all day,didn't even sleep to finally get a tweet saying that he narrowed his choices.Why say that you are going to take a decision then??? :angry:

Technically, his agent said Kovy was "looking to make a decision on his future today."

So, he never said he definitely was going to make a decision. And he certainly never said his decision would be made public.

Damn the fine print, even on the 140-character-limit Twitter.

Pretty credible source from HF has the deal for 7 years @ 8.8 per. Holy fizzle is that steep if true. I would never have thought we would go anywhere near a figure like that.

I'm going to throw up if that's true. That's way too much money, and I don't know why Lou would go that high. It doesn't make sense.

Pretty credible source from HF has the deal for 7 years @ 8.8 per. Holy fizzle is that steep if true. I would never have thought we would go anywhere near a figure like that.

Unless Lou is dumping Rolston,Salvador and Zubrus I think this deal would make me sick to my stomach.

Edited by SS-SS

Yeah, I just read that. Dagoon pretty much nailed the Kovy and Jokinen trades a couple days before they happened. I would normally be excited, but I don't like that contract at all. We'll have no choice but to go with a very young roster, who might not all be ready. Salvadore seems like the most obvious to go at 2.9. But up front we might lose someone very valuable like Zubrus, Lags and/or Elias. Rolston would be a miracle.

Anyway the contract in itself does not sound good at 8.8. He is not worth that money. That's an over payment by about 1.5-2 million. I hope his numbers are wrong.