New Kovy Update ("As the Kovy Turns")

DevsFan7545

I just got word from inside the Rock is that Lou L, Chis L, Vanderbeek, and others have been locked in a room, ordering in breakfast at 7:30am, lunch and haven't come out all day.

To me it is clear "someone" is trying to clear cap space for the deal and doesn't want to do it in the spotlight of announcing a Kovy deal.

• Replies 12.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good word from inside the Rock is that Lou L, Chis L, Vanderbeek, and others have been locked in a room, ordering in breakfast at 7:30am, lunch and haven't come out all day.

Is that true or just a food joke?

Sorry, its just been a long few days and too much food stuff mixed in.

@ whyshynskiWe've reached point in Kovalchuk talks where it feels like one team is trying to create space for that contract. Hence the uncertain delay.

Maybe that means that Lou has Kovy but he won't sign until Lou frees up the space?...... :noclue:

why though? He signed Elias four years ago and went over until he dealt Malakhov. Could it mean that someone like the Rags/Flyers is trying to clear space for him. Just guessing

I'm not believing anything until I see something offical.

Mike

i simply don't believe that this delay has ANYTHING to do with Kovalchuk - the prevailing wisdom (and I agree) is that the delay is so the signing team (presumably the Devils) can find the cap space now.

that there's total radio silence has the Devils all over this thing.

sure everyone knows lou's over a barrel if he wants kovy. but he still wants every duck in a row before making this deal and that includes who's getting shipped out and for what.

this signing (assuming it happens) and how lou deals with it will define the 2nd 1/2 of his career (assuming that up until, and including 2003 was the first part).

if he can get kovy signed, make cap space out of salvador and rolston, and get parise's extension done, he will officially be beyond reproach from any of us.

Maybe Kovy wants to be sure they can actually fit him in before he signs an actual contract. I dunno, thats my guess, it's been a long day.

While that could be it, it almost sounds like an unprecedented thing. Why in the world would he care about that? That's Lou's job, you'd think he'd just tell Kovy "Don't worry about my cap". Or is Kovy eyeing the GM position? :lol:

So, if that's even true at all, it's now a contest to see which teams can clear space first.

Two dozen GM's are now licking their chops on how they can bend both the Devils and Kings over royally.

"So you want Kovy and want to dump Rolston on us? That'll cost you Zharkov, too. No? Well maybe the Kings will part with what we want and you lose out....".

What an absolute sh!t sandwich over a guy who isn't even one of the top 3 forwards in the world.

I'll bet lou's just trying to get a trade done before kovy's 'fully' signed. As many people on here have said, once kovy's off the market, it's likely the rest of the FA's will get picked up pretty quickly. Maybe lou's trying to reach an agreement with some team(s) before those teams could potentially go out and sign a FA or something.

Just pure speculation, but damn, if this is actually what lou's doing....man is he a genious. He would essentially have kovy gauranteed, but still has somehow bought himself time to adjust his roster first.

In lou we freakin trust. :koolaid:

While that could be it, it almost sounds like an unprecedented thing. Why in the world would he care about that? That's Lou's job, you'd think he'd just tell Kovy "Don't worry about my cap". Or is Kovy eyeing the GM position? :lol:

that's Marty's job

this signing (assuming it happens) and how lou deals with it will define the 2nd 1/2 of his career (assuming that up until, and including 2003 was the first part).

I sure hope lou's career as devils' GM is only half over...I'd like Don Lou to be around for a while yet

I sure hope lou's career as devils' GM is only half over...I'd like Don Lou to be around for a while yet

barring alzheimer's he can stay around as long as he wants in my book

So, if that's even true at all, it's now a contest to see which teams can clear space first.

Two dozen GM's are now licking their chops on how they can bend both the Devils and Kings over royally.

"So you want Kovy and want to dump Rolston on us? That'll cost you Zharkov, too. No? Well maybe the Kings will part with what we want and you lose out....".

What an absolute sh!t sandwich over a guy who isn't even one of the top 3 forwards in the world.

the teams lou would be looking at to make deals with are not teams that need to clear out space.

True.... we know someone who works there

:unsure:

You mean... the janitor actually has some REAL news?

Where'd they get breakfast from? Like - Aramark or take-out? What'd they do for lunch? Are they even thinking about dinner yet? Was there a coffee break?

Edited by Pepperkorn