GDT: NJD at NYI 1PM 1/17/11

eaglejelly

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Devils got away with one there which is fine by me, considering we've seen those types of scenarios go against them.

There's no way the Islander player can avoid Brodeur off balance like that. The call was made because i don't think anyone saw Fayne make that hard of contact.

The Isles didn't get a penalty because of Fayne's contact. The Isles didn't get a goal because Marty was denied an opportunity to make a save due to the incidental contact. Both rules seem properly applied, I believe.

Garbner wasnt hit that hard. He deff acted on that. He felt Fanye on his back and just took advantage of it. On the other hand, Marty wasnt hit that hard when Garbner went into him, he also acted a bit....but thats not the point, there shouldnt be any contact at all in the crease.

The Islander is headed to the net sideways (or angled), if Fayne plays him with the body just right (which he did), the Islander can not gain his balance back going forward in a stride in that small of space. It looked alot worse then it was. Brodeur's helmet coming off helped that call, too.

IMO, the Devils got away with one, we've seen enough go against them so i'll take it.

The Isles didn't get a penalty because of Fayne's contact. The Isles didn't get a goal because Marty was denied an opportunity to make a save due to the incidental contact. Both rules seem properly applied, I believe.

Konopka said on the NYI feed that the officals told the bench they did not see any contact by Fayne.

If that was the case then there should have been a penalty to the Islanders.

Konopka said on the NYI feed that the officals told the bench they did not see any contact by Fayne.

If that was the case then there should have been a penalty to the Islanders.

I don't believe the refs then because they never would have ruled it a goal in the first place then.

Believe it or not, with the five goals the Devils have scored today, they are now averaging 2 GF per game! WOO HOO!

I like this Tedenby Zharky Arnott line. They are strong and work well together.

As much sh!t that was coming down on Fraser, the Defense is working well today also. They are playing a physical game.

Edited by Quinn01

Congratulations to Marty for his 20th win at the Colosseum. Most wins of any goaltender there.

Nice wins and great overall play by everyone on the team.

Tedenby's first game back after sitting 6 registers 1 goal 1 assist.

Zharky finally gets his first goal.

Fraser has 2 assists.

Regardless of outcomes, the last 10 games have shown a much more disciplined team. I think this shows just how unprepared John MacLean was to be an NHL coach and just how ill-advised the hire was. Lemaire is playing with a team made up of aging vets and AHL scrubs and is getting much more out of them than MacLean did with what was, at the time, a much better roster. Shame what a waste this season is going to turn out to be.

Regardless of outcomes, the last 10 games have shown a much more disciplined team. I think this shows just how unprepared John MacLean was to be an NHL coach and just how ill-advised the hire was. Lemaire is playing with a team made up of aging vets and AHL scrubs and is getting much more out of them than MacLean did with what was, at the time, a much better roster. Shame what a waste this season is going to turn out to be.

once again you have saved me from making the exact same post

add to that the previous "C" we had... he's gone and that is addition by subtraction since he wore the "C" for "sellfish" as a famous philosopher once said... or I'd like to say, "C" for cancer of morale.

Thats what i was thinking earlier. Mac could not organise the team, he couldn't get them playing 5 on 5 and just wasn't a great coach. Although I still feel bad for him.

Tedenby, what a goal, the guy plays about a foot taller than he is, i love watching him play. So stoked for Sharky, he deserved that goal and seeing his reaction could be one of my highlights of the season. Here's to many more Sharks!!!

Its just nice to win!!!

I can't point to anything specific but I would like to think JL had a little bit of a hand in getting this crew to play better. The one thing that worries me is that there was supposedly some cliqueshness going on with langs against JL last season. I'm wondering if Parise was part of that crew and if perhaps JL comes back next year will that prompt Zach to split.