I can name that team in one note

mort4345

Your probably tired of hearing it already. But look at the bright side, we will stock up on some pretty high draft picks the next few seasons!!!!

Just imagine the hype for the 2015 SC Finals when we play Parise and the Minnesota Wild!!!

Let's hear your honest "prediction" for next season....

Can't believe you try to put this on Kovalchuk, without him this season would have been even worst. Tell me Oduya, Cormier and Bergfors (who got traded twice in a year) and our first round pick who probably wouldnt have played this season anyway, would have done miracles with Maclean? and that we would be in the playoffs right now? c'mon now

It's all Kovy's fault man! ENTIRELY

ILYA COST US THE PLAYOFFS

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In hindsight, perhaps, but when we signed Kovy everyone else was predicting the Stanley Cup victory for this year.

I took a lot of flack for a 1 in 4 chance pick, especially with Kovy's 110 point projection. :doh1:

Was I happy when we signed Kovy? Yes

Did I think we won the cup already? No, but you are right that good decent amount of fans on here acted like we did. To me he is just a sniper, nothing more and nothing less.

Was I happy when we signed Kovy? Yes

Did I think we won the cup already? No, but you are right that good decent amount of fans on here acted like we did. To me he is just a sniper, nothing more and nothing less.

He's a pretty damn good sniper to have, that's for sure....

Definitely one of the best offensive threats in the world

Can't believe you try to put this on Kovalchuk, without him this season would have been even worst. Tell me Oduya, Cormier and Bergfors (who got traded twice in a year) and our first round pick who probably wouldnt have played this season anyway, would have done miracles with Maclean? and that we would be in the playoffs right now? c'mon now

We probably would have been a better team, without the trade, yes.

He's a pretty damn good sniper to have, that's for sure....

Definitely one of the best offensive threats in the world

He's a sniper who's a liability and a big one at even strength, I know those numbers don't count because well, they're ugly. On the plus side X numbers of years in the league and he's just now trying to understand how to play on the other side of the puck. No way he should get a free pass for the disasterous first half he had as well as the team. Putting all the blame on the coach is ridiculous, the players have no excuse for being "that" bad.

Again for a one of the best offensive threats in the world yet there were only two teams making a play to sign him and LA's was half hearted. Would seem to indicate the rest of the league isn't so high on the guy.

Yes, just look at all the Atlanta Thrasher success with the sniper and now ours.

Come on man youre seriously ridiculous

Atlanta had Heatley, Hossa, Savard, Kozlov and Kovalchuk and could never win they just always had a terrible defense

As if its only Kovalchuk's fault that everyone on his team is losing

have you notice that they are still not winning with Bergs, Oduya and Cormier... our 1st round pick helped them to get Big Buff but they are still not making the playoffs, even with all those guys from chicago who won the cup last year, seriously... ur a joke

as if we really need more negativity right now

Edited by SterioDesign

seriously Manta? even if you discount how incredibly we won in the actual trade players wise with Atlanta consider that by giving them our 1st and then swapping 2nds we got Merill who is arguably one of the best players comming out of the past years draft (that we had any viable chance of getting).

bipolar

biwinning!

(not winning ever then winning a lot!)

seriously Manta? even if you discount how incredibly we won in the actual trade players wise with Atlanta consider that by giving them our 1st and then swapping 2nds we got Merill who is arguably one of the best players comming out of the past years draft (that we had any viable chance of getting)

Not sure how you are defining "winning" the trade- going from 103 point season to maybe 80 points. That seems like a net loss.

Atlanta got rid of a salary cap burden and upgraded their talent depth at forward and defense as a result.

Atlanta will make the playoffs before we do. They are building and going in the right direction under Dudley. We are doing the best we can with spare parts that can only get us so far.

Not sure how you are defining "winning" the trade- going from 103 point season to maybe 80 points. That seems like a net loss.

Atlanta got rid of a salary cap burden and upgraded their talent depth at forward and defense as a result.

Atlanta will make the playoffs before we do. They are building and going in the right direction under Dudley. We are doing the best we can with spare parts that can only get us so far.

Now you're just getting ridiculous. The Devils are in the playoffs next year. Hell, they may have pulled it off this year is Johnny Mac got fired in November.

Not a chance. At best they make it at the same time (next year).

..and that Elias would lead the team in scoring (which people thought was ludicrous).

I fail to see how you can take any 'credit' for this when Parise missed 63 games due to injury when he's never been seriously hurt before, unless you predicted that too I wouldn't take any bows.

I fail to see how you can take any 'credit' for this when Parise missed 63 games due to injury when he's never been seriously hurt before, unless you predicted that too I wouldn't take any bows.

Exactly. I'm glad Elias had a good season, but if Parise was healthy, there's no way he doesn't get more points than Patty. If Parise was healthy all year and Elias still finished with more points, then I would be impressed with this prediction.

With or without Parise he would have lead the team. Zach eventually would have played with Elias and Rolston or Zubie.

Now you're just getting ridiculous. The Devils are in the playoffs next year. Hell, they may have pulled it off this year is Johnny Mac got fired in November.

They will not make the playoffs next year.

They will not make the playoffs next year.