Islanders new arena prop defeated

MadDog2020

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well they will work to get this privately funded, and possibly look to move to Queens..

It's a very sad day for all hockey fans.. Kinda puts our "Zach only got a 1 year deal" woes into perspective.. At least we won't lose our team

the original plan, the lighthouse project, and even the scaled down lighthouse lite project were to be funed completly by wang. kate murray kept saying no, against the overall majority of long islanders who approved of those 2 plans (not to mention key gov officials)

If they have to move its indeed very sad... I dont mind to see teams like the thrashers, coyotes, panthers, etc folding cause well... Nothing much really happened, they tried and failed.

But to see teams like the islanders who had a great history, a dynasty for awhile and some legendary players go. Real sad.

I dont know at what point being close to the rangers (biggest revenu in the league) is hurting them, or even us. I mean toronto and mtl are doing crazy good (in terms of revenu lol) but i dont think that a team 45 minutes from them would do too great

islanders were my team before the devils even existed, being a kid during the stanley cup runs on LI really meant something i'd really, really hate to see this team leave the island.

Brooklyn's set up won't work well for hockey. Occasional ice shows, but not 40 plus games a year. I've heard talks of Willets Point in Queens (Citi Field area) or the Pilgrim State area of Suffolk County, where they're planning a "Lighthouse" type area. Otherwise, Quebec may get them. I'm sure it's a very sad day in my former home.

I think the taxpayers realized If Wang was so confident about the plan he would fund it himself....

They should have partnered with Ratner to have made sure the Brooklyn arena had sightlines & the size for hockey.

They still have a few years to have another vote, so while on life support there is still a chance they stay on the Island.

Who know maybe in 2014/2015 the taxpayers will vote in favor of it & the tam can squeek by a couple more years in the Coliseum during construction.

I think the taxpayers realized If Wang was so confident about the plan he would fund it himself....

They should have partnered with Ratner to have made sure the Brooklyn arena had sightlines & the size for hockey.

They still have a few years to have another vote, so while on life support there is still a chance they stay on the Island.

Who know maybe in 2014/2015 the taxpayers will vote in favor of it & the tam can squeek by a couple more years in the Coliseum during construction.

if there is another vote expect the same outcome, too many old people vote it down. Agree 100% with you that wang, or wang and another investor should fund it themselves and reap all the benifits of it, though he tried that before with the lighthouse projects and they both failed and a big reason for that is kate murray.