Larsson re-signed to 1 year, 1 way 900K contract. Confirmed.

ghdi

You guys believe Larsson will re-sign a long-term or short contract next summer? And at how much? (Considering on how good of a season you think Larsson will have)

If he plays well, he'll get a nice deal.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Personally, I love this contract, Larsson wants to prove himself to cash in next summer with us, Lou doesn't have a problem with that since he sees the potential in Adam, and he is willing to pay him extra next year when he is still RFA. Perfect for both camps.

I hope he gets a fair chance to play. An idiot like PDB will most likely replace him with Harrold and piss everyone off with his cool, calm emotionless demeanour while Sal gets away with murder.

He just signed this contract specifically so the Devils can see what he can do before giving him a long term deal.

He just signed this contract specifically so the Devils can see what he can do before giving him a long term deal.

He needs to get a fair chance, you cant bench him for mistakes, and let the vets get away with it. This is exactly what hampers development.

He needs to get a fair chance, you cant bench him for mistakes, and let the vets get away with it. This is exactly what hampers development.

He's gotten plenty of fair chances.  He still makes the same mistakes.  It's up to him now to fix those mistakes.

Right, the great hockey player developer Anhkheg.  Everyone is running around and saying the team is ruining Larsson, it's up to Larsson to take the next step, DeBoer or Lou cannot do it for him.  What else can a DeBoer do to a player to make him understand he's done wrong at the exact time?  By your argument, Tedenby should still be here because he's been "poorly developed".  Tedenby would get benched every game due to what I can only assume is his mistakes.  So I'd argue, this might piss Larsson off, but should we really care?  You think the team cares what Tedenby thought of the management and of his own development?

This year and next are going to really define where Larsson belongs in the d-corps, or if he doesn't have a place here.