Oates and Stevens both coaching. Lou overlord. Barr Out.

ghdi

Scott Lamoreloates.

Lamor-e-loates...sounds like some ancient tribe I would've studied back in some 8:00 am college ancient history class...had I actually been able to get out of bed to get to the friggin' class in the first place...

Anyone hearing potential trouble involving Adam Oates and Washington. According to Elliot Friedman - the Devils did not ask for permission at first. They got it all sorted out with Washington but the league might be pissed off. Lovely. If that's the case, Lou needs to go.

fvck the league. They can suck a fat one. It's a stupid fvcking formality. Edited by MadDog2020

imagine we lost this year's pick :headless chicken:

Anyone hearing potential trouble involving Adam Oates and Washington. According to Elliot Friedman - the Devils did not ask for permission at first. They got it all sorted out with Washington but the league might be pissed off. Lovely. If that's the case, Lou needs to go.

i saw it posted on a site called score.com

Lou Lamoriello, "I believe the team still has a solid core of players and no drastic changes will be made. We are going to stay the course."

And that core, such as it is, will be quite something with McDavid or Eichel. We're already the third worst team in the league, points per game wise. And now Stephen Gionta is getting power play time and Harrold got more than 20 minutes yesterday. Oh, did I mention that no one even knows who's in charge in the ice. Edmonton and Carolina are pretty bad, but Lou is doing what he can to make it an interesting race to the bottom.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

And that core, such as it is, will be quite something with McDavid or Eichel. We're already the third worst team in the league, points per game wise. And now Stephen Gionta is getting power play time and Harrold got more than 20 minutes yesterday. Oh, did I mention that no one even knows who's in charge in the ice. Edmonton and Carolina are pretty bad, but Lou is doing what he can to make it an interesting race to the bottom.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Did Tootoo get 20 minutes?  How about Sestito?  Adam Oates has very strict ideas about what a power play should be - he's putting Gionta there because he thinks it's a good idea to do so, not to tank the season.

Did Tootoo get 20 minutes?  How about Sestito?  Adam Oates has very strict ideas about what a power play should be - he's putting Gionta there because he thinks it's a good idea to do so, not to tank the season.

Lou had mentioned it was a loose idea to try and save energy for some of the other players for later in the game. Not sure I buy that, but did you want to overload Zubrus' first game back in forever with more than 20 min? Gionta still only played 11:22, so it's not like he was out there all game.

To me the Devils have to get their defensemen more involved in the neutral zone. Now I think we've seen some of that under DeBoer this year as compared to last, but they need to push the pace more. The Devils can't be going up ice with 2 on 3s and 3 on 3s and expect to get much out of that.

This is very much dead on. If you recall back to the Cup run Zach said the same thing. I have noticed the D activation a bit more recently, this is why Harrold is in the lineup. Unfortunately, guys like Zids and Gelinas can really hurt you with their decision making playing this way. I have said for a long time now they are squandering Greene's offensive ability. I think Fayne was really strong not necessarily pushing the pace, but he read plays extremely well and his play 25 feet inside the blue line was superb.

• Like 1

I really don't see a way to get Eichel, McDavid maybe. For Eichel, we'd have to finish 1st or 2nd, well we aren't going to do that. 

To get McDavid or Eichel all we have to do is get into the lottery, which we almost certainly will be. The lower we finish, the higher our chances. The new format this coming draft is closer the NBA in that the probability is weighted depending on where you finish. I.E. if we were the 7th worst team we'd have a 6.5% chance of winning the 1st pick. The worst team only has a 20% chance. It's a crapshoot no matter where we finish. Right now, we're tied with Buffalo for 4th worst which is a 9.5% chance of getting the first pick. And no, I don't believe in tanking so this is not what I want, but it is a consolation prize. We won the lottery the year we took Larsson, but because of the rules of the lottery we were slotted into 4th because that was the highest we could move up. Its changed now. Lottery winner gets first pick.

If we stay on the path we're on now, we will have a shot. Those saying its not going to happen are not looking at the big picture. However, the crappiest team is still guaranteed at least the 2nd pick this coming draft.  If this was 2016, then the lottery would determine the first 3 picks.

I won't say its likely we're getting either of these guys at all, but all we have to be is in it to win it.

Edited by ghdi

Haha Carp, we don't have to take them if we say want Zacha or Marner. We can always trade down too depending on what teams may want. If the Sabres are #5  and really want 3 or 4 to get Hanifin or the other highly rated D - maybe they make a small move to get to #3 and we move down to 5...who knows.