2017-2018 Out of Town Thread

Daniel

19 minutes ago, Martyisth3b3st said:

I’m more pissed that we got Grabner for a 2nd round draft pick rather than Vanek for free. Guy is absolutely tearing it up— like I said he would, and like a bunch of you laughed at me for saying. 

Flyers are fvcking dominating the stars but somehow it’s a tie game. Lehtonen standing on his damn head

Vanek's been traded every year and been a pretty meh perimiter player for the last few years, why would you think he'd suddenly have a major impact this time?

Edited by NJDevs4978

5 minutes ago, Martyisth3b3st said:

Define major? Having a better close to the season than Grabner wouldn’t qualify as “major”, and that’s what he’s doing for a LOT, lot less. 

I’m a fan of Grabner if we’re able to re-sign him. But if we’re not? Ehhhhhhhhhhhh

Don't get me wrong I wasn't a big fan of the Grabner trade either.  And I'm not just saying this now cause he's sucked, I thought it was a pretty high-priced roll of the dice for a rental on a borderline playoff team.  It's almost like we forced the issue just for the sake of finally making a trade with the Rangers.  Unlike Maroon which I was fine with - only giving up a three and a non-prospect.

Edited by NJDevs4978

12 minutes ago, Neb00rs said:

We're now 2 points behind Philly with a game in hand and one ROW behind them.

Winning just cures everything, then you lose one and it seems like the math is all against you.

Came here to post the bolded. A win and we take the tiebreaker from them too, I think [ROW then Wins?]

Just now, jagknife said:

Came here to post the bolded. A win and we take the tiebreaker from them too, I think [ROW then Wins?]

Nah even if we tie them in ROW we wouldn't have the tiebreaker cause they won the season series five points to four.  We'd have to pass them in ROW to get the tiebreaker I think.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Neb00rs said:

Wow, Edmonton really sh!t the bed. 7-3. Man, I hope they win the draft lottery, they can really use some help. :rolleyes:

Maybe they will draft Dahlin and then Shero can call his old buddy Chiarelli up and start talking trades... :lol:

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, NJDevs4978 said:

Nah even if we tie them in ROW we wouldn't have the tiebreaker cause they won the season series five points to four.  We'd have to pass them in ROW to get the tiebreaker I think.

10 minutes ago, Neb00rs said:

Head-to-head points earned after ROW.

ah crap, I suck sometimes

Just now, Nicomo said:

Maybe they will draft Dahlin and then Shero can call his old buddy Chiarelli up and start talking trades... :lol:

Chiarelli: "Don't do it, don't do it, don't do it."

*ring*

Chiarelli: Hello

Shero: an ice bucket for Dahlin 1-for-1

Chiarelli: Okay

*Click*

Chiarelli: FUUUUUCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

• Haha 3

11 minutes ago, Neb00rs said:

Chiarelli: "Don't do it, don't do it, don't do it."

*ring*

Chiarelli: Hello

Shero: an ice bucket for Dahlin 1-for-1

Chiarelli: Okay

*Click*

Chiarelli: FUUUUUCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

Ice bucket? He’d probably take an ice cube. And if we don’t make the playoffs, he’s give us half the cube back.

Edited by Devs3cups
  • Like 1

TEAMS - GP - PTS - GR - MAX - DIFF - EST - GAMES
1)PIT - 77 -  92 -  5 - 102 - (+2) - 100 - PHI(W)|@DET(L)|@NJD(w),MON(w),WSH(l),@CBJ(w),OTT(w)
2)CBJ - 77 -  91 -  5 - 101 - (+1) -  97 - STL(L)|@EDM(W)|@CGY(w),@VAN(w),DET(w),PIT(l),@NSH(l)
4)PHI - 77 -  90 -  5 - 100 -  (E) -  95 - @PIT(OL)|@DAL(OL)|@COL(l),BOS(l),@NYI(w),CAR(w),NYR(w)
5)NJD - 76 -  88 -  6 - 100 -  (E) -  94 - TBL(W)|CAR(W)|PIT(l),NYI(w),@MTL(w),NYR(w),TOR(l),@WSH(l)
3)FLA - 74 -  85 -  8 - 101 - (+1) -  91 - ARI(W)|NYI(W)|@TOR(l),@OTT(w),@BOS(l),CAR(w),@NSH(l),BOS(l),BUF(w),@BOS(l)
NJD won today, phew. This team .... PHI OTL to Dallas doesn't help, we still lose head to head, CBJ just blew past the Oilers, added PIT, they have three potentially dangerous games which could very well knock them out.
My Predictions:
FLA@TOR: tough call here, FLA obviously wants the win, 55/45 FLA.
PHI@COL: both teams fighting for playoffs, PHI is B2B. 70/30 COL.

Edited by Anhkheg

the flyers got fvcking 14 pts by losing in OT so far this year. 2 in their last 2. 

14 points !!!!!!!

the most in the NHL

We REALLY need Boston to go on a streak. They are playing Florida 3 times and Philly once.

Edited by SterioDesign
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, SterioDesign said:

the flyers got fvcking 14 pts by losing in OT so far this year. 2 in their last 2. 

14 points !!!!!!!

the most in the NHL

We REALLY need Boston to go on a streak. They are playing Florida 3 times and Philly once.

I looked the other day and NJ was the only team in the league without a loser point in their last 25...14-12-0 last 26 now. If they'd turned 3 of those losses into OT/SO losses we'd be home safe.

6 hours ago, Martyisth3b3st said:

Flyers head to Colorado tomorrow, after a game like this I assume there will be some tired legs. Let’s hope, since apparently rooting against the Panthers is about as useless as a d!ck flavored lollipop.

Never heard that one before.  Lmao

1 hour ago, Derlique said:

Both Florida and Philly will be 'dogs tonight and I'll bet you anything they'll both win....

*please work, jinx*

Leafs coming off a 3-2 loss to Buffalo irritates the hell out of me, cause it has all the markings of a "well we don't really NEED this game either" for tonight. Andersen, however, will probably pitch a shutout and flip me the proverbial bird since I stayed with him all season, grabbed his handcuff two weeks ago and then was promptly bounced from the playoffs in round 1 last week.

Philly, on the other hand, will probably start Lyon tonight, who will also flip me the bird as I picked him up Sunday for a final day push and he proceeded to give up 3 goals on 8 shots.

God I hope I'm wrong on the Flyers aspect....

10 hours ago, Nicomo said:

I saw a Tweet this morning that had an awful statistic for Chiarelli:

Of the top 25 players in scoring, only 7 have been traded in their careers. 4 of those players were traded by Chiarelli: Hall, Seguin, Wheeler, Kessel.

• Haha 1