2017-2018 Out of Town Thread

Daniel

TEAMS - GP - PTS - GR - MAX - DIFF
1)CBJ - 76 -  89 -  6 - 101 - (+1) - STL(L),@EDM,@CGY,@VAN,DET,PIT,@NSH
2)PHI - 76 -  89 -  6 - 101 - (+1) - @PIT(OL),@DAL,@COL,BOS,@NYI,CAR,NYR
4)NJD - 75 -  86 -  7 - 100 -  (E) - TBL(W),CAR,PIT,NYI,@MTL,NYR,TOR,@WSH
3)FLA - 73 -  83 -  9 - 101 - (+1) - ARI(W),@NYI,@TOR,@OTT,@BOS,CAR,@NSH,BOS,BUF,@BOS
Philly OTL to Pens helps a little.

14 minutes ago, Martyisth3b3st said:

Lmao. fvck you, hockey gods.

if the devils make the playoffs they’ll have to win like all of their remaining games. fvcking nonsense.

They basically have no tiebreakers on anyone either...we're -2 in ROW with both Columbus and the Flyers and since we lost the season series with both (Flyers got five points on us in their games, we got four) we'd have to go +3 on one of them with like seven games left to win a tiebreaker, and if we did that we'd likely pass them in points anyway.  We obviously don't have the tiebreaker on the Panthers either, trailing in ROW and with them having won the season series.

So at this point we either have to make up four points on the Blue Jackets/Flyers or do no worse than get two points less than the Panthers in games remaining with them still being +2 in GR.

Edited by NJDevs4978

TEAMS - GP - PTS - GR - MAX - DIFF - EST - GAMES
1)CBJ - 76 -  89 -  6 - 101 - (+1) -  97 - STL(L)|@EDM(w),@CGY(w),@VAN(w),DET(w),PIT(l),@NSH(l)
2)PHI - 76 -  89 -  6 - 101 - (+1) -  95 - @PIT(OL)|@DAL(l),@COL(l),BOS(l),@NYI(w),CAR(w),NYR(w)
4)NJD - 75 -  86 -  7 - 100 -  (E) -  94 - TBL(W)|CAR(w),PIT(l),NYI(w),@MTL(w),NYR(w),TOR(l),@WSH(l)
3)FLA - 73 -  83 -  9 - 101 - (+1) -  91 - ARI(W)|@NYI(w),@TOR(l),@OTT(w),@BOS(l),CAR(w),@NSH(l),BOS(l),BUF(w),@BOS(l)

This is an estimation of how many points are expected by each team based on upcoming games.

Edited by Anhkheg

How do you estimate they lose ALL their games to Boston?!  If the next few games don't go well, Boston could be completely locked into the #2 seed by the time they play the Panthers and they'll have bupkus to play for.  That could also play into our Leafs/Caps games fwiw (lack of motivation for other teams).

I honestly think 6-3 is the worst we can hope for from the Panthers right now, unless the Bruins are playing for the #1 seed through the last weekend.  Or unless Luongo's out for a long stretch and Reimer ***** the bed.  Which pretty much would mean we'd need 5-2 to seal it, or 4-1-2

Edited by NJDevs4978

Really excited for Florida's 3 games with Boston and 1 game with Nashville where Boston and Nashville will primarily roll their 3rd and 4th lines and rest their starting goalies and some of their stars in preparation for the playoffs. You know that's what the hockey gods will throw our way final two weeks of the season. Everyone putting weight in Florida's "tough" last 2 weeks of the season better brace themselves for that eventuality!

Edited by DJ Eco

13 minutes ago, NJDevs4978 said:

How do you estimate they lose ALL their games to Boston?!  If the next few games don't go well, Boston could be completely locked into the #2 seed by the time they play the Panthers and they'll have bupkus to play for.  That could also play into our Leafs/Caps games fwiw (lack of motivation for other teams).

I honestly think 6-3 is the worst we can hope for from the Panthers right now, unless the Bruins are playing for the #1 seed through the last weekend.  Or unless Luongo's out for a long stretch and Reimer ***** the bed.  Which pretty much would mean we'd need 5-2 to seal it, or 4-1-2

It was done based on team standings, I don't know the answer to who will win or who will lose. Perhaps I should change it to assuming the team higher in the standings will win. Bear in mind, teams lower in the standings are not necessarily a push over either, they are playing for pride or for a contract next year.

18 minutes ago, Anhkheg said:

It was done based on team standings, I don't know the answer to who will win or who will lose. Perhaps I should change it to assuming the team higher in the standings will win. Bear in mind, teams lower in the standings are not necessarily a push over either, they are playing for pride or for a contract next year.

I don't actually think your list was THAT far off from what most projections would be, though I kind of think the Panthers beat Boston at home whatever the game means for the Bruins and beat them in the last road game since it'll almost certainly mean nothing for the Bruins.  I'd have us beating Toronto as well but the rest of ours is probably reasonable.  So I guess my prediction - hope? - would be Devils 96 points, Panthers 95...just barely enough and with literally no margin of error lol

Looking at the Flyers one I don't think they lose to the Stars with the way they've spiraled downhill.  They could beat Boston and lose one of the games the last week so either way 97 (4-2) would probably be my projection there.  I somehow don't think Columbus wins ALL the Western Canada games but I can't see who they lose to either, but conversely I think they'll find a way to win one of the final two games if they need it.  97's (4-2) probably a fair projection for them though.  Of course I'll likely be wrong on all of them.

Edited by NJDevs4978

6 hours ago, DJ Eco said:

Really excited for Florida's 3 games with Boston and 1 game with Nashville where Boston and Nashville will primarily roll their 3rd and 4th lines and rest their starting goalies and some of their stars in preparation for the playoffs. You know that's what the hockey gods will throw our way final two weeks of the season. Everyone putting weight in Florida's "tough" last 2 weeks of the season better brace themselves for that eventuality!

Yeah , I don't know what to expect in those 3 condensed meeting.. it's weird.. but the bruins will want to go into the playoffs hot.. you'd think..

So four games in six nights for the Panthers this week.  All on the road.

You'd have to think that helps us.  Sooner or later, that team is going to run out of steam and get real tired.

Now, knowing how things have gone lately I wouldn't be surprised if they swept the road trip.  

But I think by this weekend, specifically Saturday night, we'll have a real good idea of what the playoffs are going to look like.

Edited by Devilsfan118

Re: Boston, I think it'll depend on if 1st in the division in still in reach for them. I think it should be worth it for them to ice their best guys if it means drawing a 1st round matchup with us instead of Toronto, to be completely honest. Hopefully Boston is still giving their all in those games against FLA, we need them to.

18 hours ago, Anhkheg said:

TEAMS - GP - PTS - GR - MAX - DIFF - EST - GAMES
1)CBJ - 76 -  89 -  6 - 101 - (+1) -  97 - STL(L)|@EDM(w),@CGY(w),@VAN(w),DET(w),PIT(l),@NSH(l)
2)PHI - 76 -  89 -  6 - 101 - (+1) -  95 - @PIT(OL)|@DAL(l),@COL(l),BOS(l),@NYI(w),CAR(w),NYR(w)
4)NJD - 75 -  86 -  7 - 100 -  (E) -  94 - TBL(W)|CAR(w),PIT(l),NYI(w),@MTL(w),NYR(w),TOR(l),@WSH(l)
3)FLA - 73 -  83 -  9 - 101 - (+1) -  91 - ARI(W)|@NYI(w),@TOR(l),@OTT(w),@BOS(l),CAR(w),@NSH(l),BOS(l),BUF(w),@BOS(l)

This is an estimation of how many points are expected by each team based on upcoming games.

Two big issues with this "estimated" list:

1) You're assuming there's going to be no consolation-point games (not saying that they're easy to predict, but that there will definitely be some).

2) Despite seeing TONS of evidence to the contrary, you don't seem to think that any of the non-contenders are capable of some upsets.  There's a lot of parity in the NHL...some of these also-rans are more dangerous than you think, and as we've seen when the Islanders just trounced Pittsburgh 4-1, any team can beat any other team any given night. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Two big issues with this "estimated" list:

1) You're assuming there's going to be no consolation-point games (not saying that they're easy to predict, but that there will definitely be some).

2) Despite seeing TONS of evidence to the contrary, you don't seem to think that any of the non-contenders are capable of some upsets.  There's a lot of parity in the NHL...some of these also-rans are more dangerous than you think, and as we've seen when the Islanders just trounced Pittsburgh 4-1, any team can beat any other team any given night. 

I think in specific rivalry games you'll see effort from the non contenders playing very fast and loose. The Rangers played a very spirited game against a Flyer about a week back. They lost but what can you do. They're a worse team. If there is no animosity then some of these games end up looking like total quit jobs. Not all, but a lot of them.

12 hours ago, SterioDesign said:

it scares the living hell out of me that 2 of our last 3 games are against MTL and NYR... the 2 teams i hate the most, teams we should beat but it would make it so much worst to lose to them at that time

Montreal will put up no resistance. The Rags game is the scary one. Lundqvist will be in there and they'll be trying to eliminate us

There is no excuse for not annihilating Montreal. Get a goal on them early and they quit.

• Like 1

Just now, '7' said:

Montreal will put up no resistance. The Rags game is the scary one. Lundqvist will be in there and they'll be trying to eliminate us

There is no excuse for not annihilating Montreal. Get a goal on them early and they quit.

History has shown that both these teams have a way of being insanely lucky and opportunistic. And they can both get good goaltending. So it's always scary