2017-2018 Out of Town Thread

Daniel

I get the Isles stink anyway (they'd better not rise up to knock us out in a week) but my god how long has it been since the Panthers have lost even TWO in a row?  Two months?

Just looked it up they're 19-6-1 since the All-Star break with ONE two-game losing streak (at WPG and at TOR at the end of a five-game trip) in late February.

When was the last time they played two good teams in a row? Christmas? It's one tomato can after the next.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Angry 1

Wow guess the Isles can't be bothered anymore.  JT's an idiot if he stays there.

• Like 4

TEAMS - GP - PTS - GR - MAX - DIFF - EST - GAMES
1)CBJ - 76 -  89 -  6 - 101 - (+1) -  97 - STL(L)|@EDM(w),@CGY(w),@VAN(w),DET(w),PIT(l),@NSH(l)
2)PHI - 76 -  89 -  6 - 101 - (+1) -  95 - @PIT(OL)|@DAL(l),@COL(l),BOS(l),@NYI(w),CAR(w),NYR(w)
4)NJD - 75 -  86 -  7 - 100 -  (E) -  94 - TBL(W)|CAR(w),PIT(l),NYI(w),@MTL(w),NYR(w),TOR(l),@WSH(l)
3)FLA - 74 -  85 -  8 - 101 - (+1) -  91 - ARI(W),NYI(W)|@TOR(l),@OTT(w),@BOS(l),CAR(w),@NSH(l),BOS(l),BUF(w),@BOS(l)
FLA with a comprehensive 3-0 win over the Isles. Worst case: Either CBJ, PHI, FLA lose 1 game, we have to win all games to make it.

My Predictions:

CBJ@EDM: EDM could very well upset CBJ as they won 7-2 the last time, but CBJ is a different team now, 60/40 EDM.

PHI@DAL: DAL on a 8 game losing streak, PHI gladly extends it, 90/10 PHI.

CAR@NJD: NJD doesnt have much of a choice here, Canes did beat Devs 3-1 last game, 65/35 NJD.

Edited by Anhkheg

2 hours ago, njbuff said:

The Devils do have a scheduling advantage, so I won't push the panic button.

The Devils have to do their business though.

Agree a 100%, Devils have to aim for 9 game winning streak to end the season and do it one game at a time.

3 hours ago, Anhkheg said:

Agree a 100%, Devils have to aim for 9 game winning streak to end the season and do it one game at a time.

Obviously it's great if the Devils could win all of their remaining games, but I don't think it's some imperative.  Their competition will lose some games at some point, even if it doesn't seem like it at the moment.  

That being said, for the love of god, I really hope that they don't lose to Carolina tomorrow.  That game really feels like one that that Devils can't let get away.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Obviously it's great if the Devils could win all of their remaining games, but I don't think it's some imperative.  Their competition will lose some games at some point, even if it doesn't seem like it at the moment.  

That being said, for the love of god, I really hope that they don't lose to Carolina tomorrow.  That game really feels like one that that Devils can't let get away.

which is what's scaring me so much... all of those games are really important.. and eventhough almost all those teams are sh!t... Carolina, MTL and NYR are typically insanely lucky against us

25 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

which is what's scaring me so much... all of those games are really important.. and eventhough almost all those teams are sh!t... Carolina, MTL and NYR are typically insanely lucky against us

As much as the Devils have really impressed me in that they've stayed relevant while dealing their fair share of adversity AND their main competition all getting very hot down the stretch, it still remains to be seen if they're truly good enough to see this through all the way...not to suggest that they're somehow chokers or failures if they don't get it done, but right now, it's simply a case of all four teams have shown that they deserve a playoff berth, but only three can get in. 

For the Devils, that means beat these also-rans.  The Canadiens and Islanders are playing like they couldn't give less of a fvck...I know the Canadiens have recently beaten of a couple of fellow bottom-feeders, but they're 6-12-6 in their last 24, and the only remotely noteworthy team that they've taken down in that time was Dallas.  The Isles are 2-10-4 and have shown very little fight in most of their recent games.  The Rangers are 11-21-3 in their last 35.  And though the Hurricanes are 4-1 in their last five (all against also-rans), all they've done is tease all season...no one's fooled by this latest last gasp. 

I'm not saying that the Devils have to win ALL of these "easier" games, but if they can't take 6 points out of a possible 8...kinda hard to make a compelling argument that they deserve a berth over their competition. 

And as much as the Panthers haven't gone away, they still have five very tough games on their sched:  on the road vs the Leafs, Boston 3X (including two on the road), and the Preds at home.      

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

As much as the Devils have really impressed me in that they've stayed relevant while dealing their fair share of adversity AND their main competition all getting very hot down the stretch, it still remains to be seen if they're truly good enough to see this through all the way...not to suggest that they're somehow chokers or failures if they don't get it done, but right now, it's simply a case of all four teams have shown that they deserve a playoff berth, but only three can get in. 

For the Devils, that means beat these also-rans.  The Canadiens and Islanders are playing like they couldn't give less of a fvck...I know they Canadiens have recently beaten of a couple of fellow bottom-feeders, but they're 6-12-6 in their last 24, and the only remotely noteworthy team that they've taken down in that time was Dallas.  The Isles are 2-10-4 and have shown very little fight in most of their recent games.  The Rangers are 11-21-3 in their last 35.  And though the Hurricanes are 4-1 in their last five (all against also-rans), all they've done is tease all season...no one's fooled by this latest last gasp. 

I'm not saying that the Devils have to win ALL of these "easier" games, but if they can't take 6 points out of a possible 8...kinda hard to make a compelling argument that they deserve a berth over their competition. 

And as much as the Panthers haven't gone away, they still have five very tough games on their sched:  on the road vs the Leafs, Boston 3X (including two on the road), and the Preds at home.      

my only worry with Boston x3 is that they are 7 pts ahead with 2 games in hand over Toronto. So they are pretty much lock with home ice advantage. That's not to say they won't give an effort to end the season but i don't feel like they'll be the hungrier team, not hungrier than a team fighting for a spot like Florida will.

And if we're going in deeper here... i could totally see us having to pray that Marchand keeps on scoring like he's been... but i could also see a scenario where he won't score a damn goal against them in 3 games and it's going to make us hate him even more.

Just now, SterioDesign said:

my only worry with Boston x3 is that they are 7 pts ahead with 2 games in hand over Toronto. So they are pretty much lock with home ice advantage. That's not to say they won't give an effort to end the season but i don't feel like they'll be the hungrier team, not hungrier than a team fighting for a spot like Florida will.

And if we're going in deeper here... i could totally see us having to pray that Marchand keeps on scoring like he's been... but i could also see a scenario where he won't score a damn goal against them in 3 games and it's going to make us hate him even more.

There's a million ways to look at Boston...you can also make the argument that they'd like to go into the playoffs on some kind of roll.  I'm more just making the point that right now the Devils are really just as in this thing as their competition is (some will nitpick and say no, the other teams can all max out at a higher level than the Devils (by a whopping one point), but it's just too early to worry about a "What happens if everyone wins?" scenario).  It's there for the taking.  I think based on their remaining games, 4-2-1 isn't too much to ask for.  I think (hope) that will be enough to get it done.    

Well the Jackets will be without Foligno for 2-4 weeks.

looking at their stats Vanek has 9 pts in 13 games with them since trade deadline. It was a good move for them. Talking about 9 points.. that's what Ryan Murray has this year... for a guy who was compared to Nieds and picked 2nd overall..... not too impressive.