2017-2018 Out of Town Thread

Daniel

Just now, MadDog2020 said:

And now Hall is gonna be asked about it regularly. Not necessarily by our beat writers, but you can bet this will be brought up when the Devils go to Montreal next week, and when Toronto and their gaggle of media come in the last home game.

And I'm guessing that Hall will be a class act and take the high road and not blast Laraque.  But I sure wouldn't blame Taylor if he went ballistic.  He'd be fully justified. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

And I'm guessing that Hall will be a class act and take the high road and not blast Laraque. 

Something like “I don’t know what he got his info, but he’s wrong, he apologized, I’m just focused on playing well and trying to make the playoffs”. 

Edited by mfitz804
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Something like “I don’t know what he got his info, but he’s wrong, he apologized, I’m just focused on playing well and trying to make the playoffs”. 

Exactly, and it makes complete sense...don't give the media the chance to look for back-and-forth sniping...they love that sh!t.  Just reiterate that it's bad info and move on if you're Hall.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

And now Hall is gonna be asked about it regularly. Not necessarily by our beat writers, but you can bet this will be brought up when the Devils go to Montreal next week, and when Toronto and their gaggle of media come in the last home game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd almost do some kind of Homeland false flag operation to get Montreal/Toronto reporters to talk it up as much as possible.  Hopefully it'll be in the minds of a few big name free agents when the Canadians and Leafs come calling.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

TSN Article quoting Mojo on Brad "piece of sh!t" Marchand:

https://www.tsn.ca/johansson-sounds-off-bruins-f-marchand-1.1038331

Yeah read that.  He had another incident with Anthony Duclair a couple of weeks ago:

Maybe when he kills someone, he might get suspended for 20+ games.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Yeah read that.  He had another incident with Anthony Duclair a couple of weeks ago:

Maybe when he kills someone, he might get suspended for 20+ games.

What the fvck was that? lol   A flying clothesline, wow.  There seemed to be absolutely no need for that reaction from Marchand.  They may have collided unexpectedly, but that was some insane embellishment and he almost took the guy's head off.  He really is both a jerk and a moron.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

What the fvck was that? lol   A flying clothesline, wow.  There seemed to be absolutely no need for that reaction from Marchand.  They may have collided unexpectedly, but that was some insane embellishment and he almost took the guy's head off.  He really is both a jerk and a moron.

Lol what the fvck? That was his best effort to avoid contact? What a joke. Anyone who has played hockey before can tell that wasn't an accident. Marchand's reaction to an impending collision is to jump in the air towards the player? Give me a break for fvcking real. It doesn't look like he attempts to avoid contact at all, just to make it look accidental.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

Lol what the fvck? That was his best effort to avoid contact? What a joke. Anyone who has played hockey before can tell that wasn't an accident. Marchand's reaction to an impending collision is to jump in the air towards the player? Give me a break for fvcking real. It doesn't look like he attempts to avoid contact at all, just to make it look accidental.

I know, it really is pretty unbelievable.  I mean, it's weird how the refs just kind of stop play and look around like "yeah, that was pretty messed up...but did it deserve a penalty?".   It's almost like no one knows what to do with this guy anymore.  That his was definitely deserving of a penalty, but it was so bizarre that I feel like it catches people off guard and they don't know what to do. Even the guy's teammates around him to a degree.  I sort of want to say shame on them - if that happened to one of my teammates I'd go nuts.  The same way Stevens did for Nieds after the Domi incident.  I feel like that's what needs to happen for this fvck to learn from and/or pay the price for his actions.  If the players/teammates have an appropriate reaction to Marchand's bullsh!t hits and behavior on the ice, then maybe the refs/league will too.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NJDfan1711 said:

Honestly, I think he had eyes on him for a long enough period of time that he could have avoided contact completely. But if you can argue he didn't, what the fvck did he jump for???

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

What do you expect when Florida plays sack of sh!t after sack of sh!t?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Because even the sh!ttiest of teams occasionally finds a fvcking win every once in a while!!!!!

• Like 1

I get the Isles stink anyway (they'd better not rise up to knock us out in a week) but my god how long has it been since the Panthers have lost even TWO in a row?  Two months?

Just looked it up they're 19-6-1 since the All-Star break with ONE two-game losing streak (at WPG and at TOR at the end of a five-game trip) in late February.

Edited by NJDevs4978