GDT: Devils @ Buffalo 3:00 PM

MadDog2020

Great game overall. Can't say I don't like what I see. The speed is a great change. The second goal Santini and Muller were just caught flat-footed. 

PS. Lovejoy needs to stay home sick. Perminantly. Whatever hockey player he was on the Pens must have accidentally been left in Pittsburgh. 

Edited by NJDevils1214
  • Like 1

Easy enough win - hard to believe that Jesper Bratt is in some ways more impressive than Nico Hischier.  Hischier's play in traffic is still terrific, and his one-on-one skills are incredible - Scandella found that out the hard way on goal #2 - but Bratt is making great reads and great plays consistently.  He reminds me of Gomez when he got here - just somehow already a solid forward with great instincts for where the puck should go.

• Like 4

Two games played, two wins, 10 goals for and 3 against make for good reading.

1. Bratt has an amazing touch around the net. Took his goals really well.

2. Love the commitment of Gibbons, Noeson and Coleman.

3. Schneider looked really solid again today.  Anyone else think that he's been working on his puck handling? He even made an up-ice pass late in the third.

4. Lovejoy. Um, oh dear.

5. Huge team performance especially considering the players the team is without.

• Like 3