Your New Jersey Devils are going to the playoffs!!!

DevilMinder

9 hours ago, Kinkyisth3b3st said:

I will almost definitely be in the building on Saturday, wife and I will be looking for tickets tomorrow.

Good stuff.  I'll PM you my number during the week and maybe we can meet up.  My seats are right next to the Coors light deck and I know my buddies are going to want to spend some time there, but I'll be focused on the game and probably in my seats most of the time.

10 hours ago, Kinkyisth3b3st said:

That series in 2007 was fun. It was my first year with full season tickets with my dad, we sat in section 217 in the old CAA, first row up in the corner. 

I don’t remember much about game 1. I remember it being a close win. Game 2 was heartbreaking, I remember being livid with the goals Marty gave up and I especially remember a Brylin goal that he scored like 0.02 seconds after the buzzer for 2nd intermission that wound up not counting. Someone can verify if I remember that correctly.

obviously the devils dropped game 3, but in game 4 we saw Gomez score and as my dad and I celebrated I remember him saying “please don’t leave Scotty!”. Gomer was his guy. Only reason we won that series too; the mental makeup of that Devils team wouldn’t have stomached a 3-1 hole in a series.

Game 5 I remember being vintage Marty. My dad went down with me for warmups; he usually didn’t stand down by the boards but for this game he wanted to. I remember Marty making this stupidly smooth glove save on the 3-2 drills and my dad turning to me and saying “this’ll be a Marty shutout”. Spoiler alert: it was. 

Then the devils took it in 6. That series was literally 100% “names” doing things. I think Parise, Gomez and Gionta had 90% of the Devils goals; while St Louis, Leclavier and Richards had 90% of Tampa’s. 

I believe every single playoff game will be on national television.

will the games be on MSG as well like all of the reg season games or just the national channels listed.  I don't get NHLN and I don't know if I get the Golf Channel or not (probably not).  if that's the case I would miss game 1 and 4, which sucks

2 minutes ago, RunninWithTheDevil said:

from the geniuses at HF Panthers:

Hahaha I JUST saw that, was going to reply but it's not worth our time.

We have some stupid fans, no doubt.  But, honest to God, it seems like the majority of their fan base is clueless.

• Like 1

from the geniuses at HF Panthers:

TB in 6. I think TB will beat the trap from NJ and shut down Hall .

fvcking tools. People who don’t know what they’re watching when they watch hockey shouldn’t be allowed to watch hockey. Stick to fvcking basketball.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, GIANTS79 said:

will the games be on MSG as well like all of the reg season games or just the national channels listed.  I don't get NHLN and I don't know if I get the Golf Channel or not (probably not).  if that's the case I would miss game 1 and 4, which sucks

The Golf Channel is on the NBC sports app (I just checked) so if you download that, then you can watch... 

Back to the Golf Channel topic.  I can't take credit for this, as someone named Travis Yost posted this on 506sports.

So the GOLF Channel (?!) gets back-to-back NHL game fours. Here’s what’s airing in those blocks on other channels:

NHLN: Six hours of NHL Tonight
NBC: Family Feud and local news
CNBC: Shark Tank re-runs
USA: Law and Order SVU/Suits re-runs

NBC sending a message, I suspect..

• Angry 1

NHL.com First round predictions: https://www.nhl.com/news/nhl-playoffs-2018-predictions/c-297822968?tid=287339198

Out of the 14 ''experts'' on NHL.com, 4 said we would beat TB ion the 1st round. 

FWIW, those 4 ''experts'' are Lisa Dillman, TG, Bill Price and Shawn Roarke. 

Guess a lot of NHL.com experts are gonna have their brackets fvcked up :D 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, GIANTS79 said:

Here is the MSG Website

DEVILS PLAYOFFS:

Coverage of Devils-Lightning Game 1 Begins Thursday at 6:30 PM on MSG, MSG+ & MSG GO.

54 minutes ago, StarDew said:

Here is the MSG Website

DEVILS PLAYOFFS:

Coverage of Devils-Lightning Game 1 Begins Thursday at 6:30 PM on MSG, MSG+ & MSG GO.

thanks for sharing.  It's odd on NHL.com for schedule it does list MSG plus as one of the channels for game 1 and 4, and for the link you showed that could still be just the pre game.   this is also from the msg site and it doesn't list MSG as carrying the game.

Game 2 on NBC is good, but hopefully MSG will have the other ones which are now listed on nhl.com but not on MSG.

Thu. 12 at Lightning 7:00 PM Rogers SportsNet, TVA, Sunshine Sports Pre-Game How To Watch
Sat. 14 at Lightning 3:00 PM NBC, CNBC, Sportsnet 360, TVA Pre-Game How To Watch
Mon. 16 vs Lightning 7:30 PM CNBC, Rogers SportsNet, TVA, FOX Sports Florida Pre-Game How To Watch
Wed. 18 vs Lightning 7:30 PM The Golf Channel, Rogers SportsNet, TVA, Sunshine Sports Pre-Game How To Watch
Sat. 21 at Lightning TBD N/A Pre-Game How To Watch
Mon. 23 vs Lightning TBD N/A Pre-Game How To Watch
Wed. 25 at Lightning TBD N/A Pre-Game

1 hour ago, GIANTS79 said:

thanks for sharing.  It's odd on NHL.com for schedule it does list MSG plus as one of the channels for game 1 and 4, and for the link you showed that could still be just the pre game.   this is also from the msg site and it doesn't list MSG as carrying the game.

Game 2 on NBC is good, but hopefully MSG will have the other ones which are now listed on nhl.com but not on MSG.

Thu. 12 at Lightning 7:00 PM Rogers SportsNet, TVA, Sunshine Sports Pre-Game How To Watch
Sat. 14 at Lightning 3:00 PM NBC, CNBC, Sportsnet 360, TVA Pre-Game How To Watch
Mon. 16 vs Lightning 7:30 PM CNBC, Rogers SportsNet, TVA, FOX Sports Florida Pre-Game How To Watch
Wed. 18 vs Lightning 7:30 PM The Golf Channel, Rogers SportsNet, TVA, Sunshine Sports Pre-Game How To Watch
Sat. 21 at Lightning TBD N/A Pre-Game How To Watch
Mon. 23 vs Lightning TBD N/A Pre-Game How To Watch
Wed. 25 at Lightning TBD N/A Pre-Game

Double click the banner and it takes you to a page with all the details.  Link below. :)

" When the puck drops at 7:00 p.m., Devils-Lightning will be telecast on both networks as well."

https://www.msgnetworks.com/2018/04/09/devils-playoff-action-kicks-off-on-msg-networks-on-thursday/

Edited by StarDew
Adding info

14 hours ago, StarDew said:

Double click the banner and it takes you to a page with all the details.  Link below. :)

" When the puck drops at 7:00 p.m., Devils-Lightning will be telecast on both networks as well."

https://www.msgnetworks.com/2018/04/09/devils-playoff-action-kicks-off-on-msg-networks-on-thursday/

awesome, great to hear.  very relieved I'll be getting all of the games.  Thanks again for your help.

Out of curiosity, are everyone’s nerves still in check?  Will they remain that way or will your body soon take over and you won’t be able to control them?  When the game is about to start will you have any kind of appetite to eat or is the thought of possibly eating during the game too hard to comprehend?

Also, what are everyone’s game time traditions?  Is anyone allowed to watch with you or do you have to watch the game by yourself with no one bothering you?  Do you have a certain chair you must sit in or outfit you have to wear?  Go into details, this usually gets pretty funny.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ajsgolf said:

Out of curiosity, are everyone’s nerves still in check?  Will they remain that way or will your body soon take over and you won’t be able to control them?  When the game is about to start will you have any kind of appetite to eat or is the thought of possibly eating during the game too hard to comprehend?

Also, what are everyone’s game time traditions?  Is anyone allowed to watch with you or do you have to watch the game by yourself with no one bothering you?  Do you have a certain chair you must sit in or outfit you have to wear?  Go into details, this usually gets pretty funny.

If I'm not actually at the game (I will be for the Devils first home playoff game, and hoping to go to the second one), then I usually watch in my basement.  Lately I've been throwing on one of my GW/GI jerseys while watching...which opens up a different can of worms:

For the Devils first home game, I will be wearing a GW Elias night Zajac (I bought it for this purpose).  If the Devils win, what do I do?  Stick with it?  Because for the next game I was planning to break out a red GW Palms...but if I do and they lose, then I'll be thinking "Dammit I should've stuck with the friggin' Zajac!"  Yeah we fans can get a bit goofy with this stuff.  Part of the fun though.    

• Like 1