2018 Stanley Cup Playoffs Thread

LittleBallofHate

6 hours ago, Jerrydevil said:

Great finish by the Avs! I still don't agree with the refs overturning the Bonino no-goal.

If PHi can win in PIT, and they have barely been competitive, then we certainly can.  Let's see if CS can help us steal one and bring this back to the Rock.

And the Av's also extend it.  Sometimes  one needs the officials to help you out.  Nothing to depend on, but it's nice when it happens.  But it wasn't enough for NASH.

BOS should wrap it up tonight.  CBJ/WAS: who can figure?

Edited by aclc79
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, aclc79 said:

If PHi can win in PIT, and they have barely been competitive, then we certainly can.  Let's see if CS can help us steal one and bring this back to the Rock.

And the Av's also extend it.  Sometimes  one needs the officials to help you out.  Nothing to depend on, but it's nice when it happens.  But it wasn't enough for NASH.

BOS should wrap it up tonight.  CBJ/WAS: who can figure?

Bruins win tonight

CBJ wins in OT on the road, again

Devils win

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Nicomo said:

Anyone else see this? :lol:

I think a little homerism is good for local broadcasts, but you still need to be fair. A broadcaster with a some bias needs to sound different than a fan with notes in front of them. 

These guys, Philly, and Vancouver the 3 most terrible, but Edwards is the worst, and his idiot partner needs to crawl back into whatever Lowell crack den he came from.

3 hours ago, Kinkyisth3b3st said:

Really think the capitals come out and embarrass CBJ fonight. Like, 5-1.

Yeah, I see this as well. I mean, the Caps have looked dangerous and controlled the game for almost the entire series. Now that momentum is in their corner and we're deep into the series, I think the Caps really don't let this get even close.

2 hours ago, Neb00rs said:

Yeah, I see this as well. I mean, the Caps have looked dangerous and controlled the game for almost the entire series. Now that momentum is in their corner and we're deep into the series, I think the Caps really don't let this get even close.

So far, not going that way.

On 4/20/2018 at 9:58 PM, AEWHistory said:

Points conceded, but don't forget that in addition to getting a better draw of talent they were also able to finagle trades to collect draft picks (and some developmental assets if memory serves).  So while they do have work to do, they have far more in the way of assets to cover their losses than any expansion team before.  Is it a low bar?  Yes, I concede that, but imho they weren't given just a bit more leeway than past teams; they were handed a wonderful position to start their franchise.

Absolutely, they'll build their prospect cupboard faster than any expansion team ever has.

10 hours ago, Satans Hockey said:

Toronto held on for dear life in that third period. Really looked like Boston was going to tie it. 

TOR  is a well coached, veteran team.  BOS does not intimidate them.  it is still a series.

14 hours ago, CarpathianForest said:

Called it. WSH will win the series leaving a clear path for PITT to go to the ECF against TB or BOS/TOR

I am afraid you may be right.  And who really wants to see that?