GAME 3: Tampa Bay @ New Jersey. 730 PM EST, CNBC, MSG+

Steven M.

5 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Keep making excuses. David Pastrnak is leading the playoffs in points at 21. 

Yeah, every 21 year old player in the league and 21 year old prospect is scoring at his rate. 

Also, playing with Marchand and Bergeron for a whole season will do that for you. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kinkyisth3b3st said:

Nobody is saying he’s Pasta though. Giving up on Zacha as a 21 year old is stupid. Let me guess, you also gave up on Larsson when he was 21? 

Youth is still a legitimate excuse for him, but it's wearing thin. He's been real bad and hasn't showed many signs of promise. He also isn't a 21 year-old d-man, he's a 21 year-old forward.

• Like 1

Well, hope Hynes talks to the D about point shots and getting it deep. It's getting very old seeing most of the shots into defender shin pads. Absolutely no reason for such a high rate of those or not even getting it deep in the O zone, even on wristing to the goal line.

Bolts positional play is pretty good and they always get the puck to the free skater on the breakout almost every time, Devs way too slow doing it and why the hell are they having such problems handing the puck... esp the D, it's home ice.

1 minute ago, Kinkyisth3b3st said:

A 21-year old power forward playing with miles wood and Patrick maroon instead of Patrice Bergeron and Brad Marchand. 

Pretty sure if Pavel played with Palms and Hallsy for an extended period of time he'd score A LOT more. Pastrnak wouldn't be as good with Wood and Maroon either. It goes both ways.

Just now, Kinkyisth3b3st said:

A 21-year old power forward playing with miles wood and Patrick maroon instead of Patrice Bergeron and Brad Marchand. 

I'm not asking him to be a superstar, but he hasn't looked like he's being held back by his linemates, he's looking like he's holding them back. You have to earn playing with Marchand and Bergeron. Pastnernak did that. Zacha started this year as our first line center, but his sh!t play got him demoted real fast. Like I said, youth and inexperience are still a legit excuse for him, but it only goes so far.

7 minutes ago, Kinkyisth3b3st said:

Nobody is saying he’s Pasta though. Giving up on Zacha as a 21 year old is stupid. Let me guess, you also gave up on Larsson when he was 21? 

Not “giving up” on him, but I’ve seen enough to think he’ll probably never live up to where he was drafted. If he can help bring back a defenseman that would be more valuable than what he gives I’d be completely open to it. 

Just now, Kinkyisth3b3st said:

Again, trying to compare him to Pastarnak is like saying Nico is a bust because Auston Matthews scored 40 as a rookie and why can’t Nico do that? There are superstars in the league and Pasta is one of them. 

People seem to be easily forgetting that there’s a decent chance we’re watching a Lightning / Panthers series withour Zacha’s slick goal against Toronto. 

I'm not the one who compared him to Pasternak, I was responding to your example of Marchand and Bergeron. I said I don't expect him to be a superstar but I do expect him not to hurt the team. 

Yeah he scored an important goal, is that supposed to make me make rash conclusions about his overall play? No. I complimented him for the goal and continue to criticize him for his sh!t play. And if he scores tonight I'll offer him an organ just like I did Hall, but then I'll also continue to criticize his overall sh!t play.