2018 UFA Thread

Derlique

2 minutes ago, Daniel said:

They also want Karlsson and presumably want him with an extension.  Very difficult for them to do that and keep Kucharov. 

Nikita Kucherov scored 100 points last year. That's kind of the ideal you shoot for with forwards. They'll figure out how to keep him. Everyone else not named Vasilevskiy, Hedman, or Stamkos is liable to be moved for bargain prices. If EK is on the way to TB, then to me, Palat, TJ, Miller, Stralman, Koekkoek, McDonagh, Killorn, Paquette, Point, and Sergachev are all available.

3 minutes ago, roomtemp said:

Yzerman is in a win now mode. Let next year's Yzerman deal with that cap problem or trade his RFA rights

But if he wants Karlsson even for this year, he needs to get rid of Callahan at a minimum.  And Dallas might beat them to the punch.  It's a matter of whether they blink first with Heskanen.

9 minutes ago, Daniel said:

They also want Karlsson and presumably want him with an extension.  Very difficult for them to do that and keep Kucharov. 

If Toronto claims they can fit Tavares, Matthews, Nylander, and Marner, Tampa can find a way to squeeze in a big 4 of Stamkos, Kucherov, Hedman, and Karlsson. It's the guys on the periphery of that that are going to have to go to fit it. I don't think it's this year, but maybe Brayden Point is a casualty next summer to manage the squeeze, or more likely someone like JT Miller.

1 minute ago, CommonDreads said:

If Toronto claims they can fit Tavares, Matthews, Nylander, and Marner, Tampa can find a way to squeeze in a big 4 of Stamkos, Kucherov, Hedman, and Karlsson. It's the guys on the periphery of that that are going to have to go to fit it. I don't think it's this year, but maybe Brayden Point is a casualty next summer to manage the squeeze, or more likely someone like JT Miller.

Again, Tampa cannot get Karlsson this year without moving out someone like Callahan, at a minimum.  From all accounts, no one is interested in any of the former triplets as the sweetener for the cap dump, because if they were, the deal would be done. 

1 minute ago, Daniel said:

Again, Tampa cannot get Karlsson this year without moving out someone like Callahan, at a minimum.  From all accounts, no one is interested in any of the former triplets as the sweetener for the cap dump, because if they were, the deal would be done. 

Well yeah I agree with that for sure, I'm sure the hold up is Tampa wants to hang on to guys like the triplets to give themselves the best shot this season and other teams are balking at that and wanting something beyond an average pick to take on Callahan.

1 minute ago, CommonDreads said:

Well yeah I agree with that for sure, I'm sure the hold up is Tampa wants to hang on to guys like the triplets to give themselves the best shot this season and other teams are balking at that and wanting something beyond an average pick to take on Callahan.

And the other thing that's going on is Dallas is still in the picture.  If they make the decision to part with Heskanen, Karlsson is going to Dallas before Yzerman can get to the phone to try and up his offer. 

Tampa is obviously not going to give away Kucherov.  But I think Yzerman is starting to realize that no one is going to do him any favors in getting rid of his unwanted salaries so he has a top pairing of perhaps the two best defenseman in hockey.  Tyler Johnson ain't going to get it done. 

Kuch is going no where. Plain and simple. From looking at their fans posts, some are afraid Point could be a target. And they don't want seeming as he is their best 2 way player. But he will cost alot as well, so Point could be a piece. I'll gladly take Point or Killorn. 

12 minutes ago, CarterforPresident said:

Kuch is going no where. Plain and simple. From looking at their fans posts, some are afraid Point could be a target. And they don't want seeming as he is their best 2 way player. But he will cost alot as well, so Point could be a piece. I'll gladly take Point or Killorn. 

I would gladly take Point as well. 

56 minutes ago, slasher72 said:

Capture.PNG.00788ec722f97d3c0ae823dece8bce08.PNG

Yeah, he's be a better fit in Long Island where mullets still abound...

45 minutes ago, moustic said:

Then Kucherov should excuse himself to Vatanen 

(no?)

I think that's the one I was thinking of. 

1 hour ago, Neb00rs said:

Nikita Kucherov scored 100 points last year. That's kind of the ideal you shoot for with forwards. They'll figure out how to keep him. 

Yeah, a 100 point man does not get included as a throw-in to the team that absorbs the cap hit. That's actually a pretty funny theory. 

I think if we end up with Sergachev, Ray will have redeemed himself for the early inactivity. 

1 minute ago, mfitz804 said:

Yeah, a 100 point man does not get included as a throw-in to the team that absorbs the cap hit. That's actually a pretty funny theory. 

I think if we end up with Sergachev, Ray will have redeemed himself for the early inactivity. 

Sergachev would almost certainly be going to Ottawa.  Remember, they have to get something. 

If Yzerman wants Karlsson, he needs to dump salary.  All I'm saying is that if we lose out on Tyler Johnson, I could live with it.  It's gotta be a better player than him.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Sergachev would almost certainly be going to Ottawa.  Remember, they have to get something. 

If Yzerman wants Karlsson, he needs to dump salary.  All I'm saying is that if we lose out on Tyler Johnson, I could live with it.  It's gotta be a better player than him.

I couldn't figure out a two way trade, I certainly am not figuring out a three way trade. But all I know is, you don't "dump" the salary of a 100 point scorer. Callahan, sure, that would be a dump. But you'd have to give value for Kucherov, value I don't think we have to give. 

10 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I couldn't figure out a two way trade, I certainly am not figuring out a three way trade. But all I know is, you don't "dump" the salary of a 100 point scorer. Callahan, sure, that would be a dump. But you'd have to give value for Kucherov, value I don't think we have to give. 

What I’m proposing involves at least two quality players going to Tampa, so he’s hardly being dumped.

40 minutes ago, Daniel said:

What I’m proposing involves at least two quality players going to Tampa, so he’s hardly being dumped.

Didn't you propose Bratt and Severson? That's not enough value for Kucherov. Both guys were healthy scratches last season, Kucherov was 3rd in the league in points. 

I mean I GUESS they are getting Karlsson too, but if Ray can put in Severson and Bratt and walk away with Kucherov, he's a magician. 

Edited by mfitz804

Cmon gentlemen, Kucherov is not going anywhere. On the contrary, Kucherov may go to the Sens in exchange for Karlsson before he goes anywhere else.

No, you were right the first time- he isn’t going anywhere, particularly Ottawa, who he would walk from the minute the clock hits midnight next July 1.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

This guy isn't even verified on Twitter and considering some of the trash that easily gets verified it's not like they have high standards and this entire tweet is anything any one of us could post lol

He’s been pretty reliable this entire offseason. He was the first one to confirm the Tavares deal. He’s been pretty accurate lately, so I wouldn’t be so quick to dismiss the guy.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, mfitz804 said:

Yeah, he's be a better fit in Long Island where mullets still abound...

I think that's the one I was thinking of. 

Really. Dont be jealous that you dont live here where its 1000x better then dirty jersey...  also have lived here for 31 years, total mullets seen (after early 90s)  1, and that person was from NJ.  

10 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

He’s been pretty reliable this entire offseason. He was the first one to confirm the Tavares deal. He’s been pretty accurate lately, so I wouldn’t be so quick to dismiss the guy.

Good to know, guess we'll see, I don't follow reporters and I don't know the name. I still find it extremely hard to believe that Ray will be on the bad end of a deal where we get fleeced. Ray has showed no past history of making extremely stupid trades with us so I trust the guy. 

• Like 1