Behind the Glass- Devils Training Camp: NHL Network

Nicomo

Figured we should have a dedicated thread for this. Really looking forward to getting an up close look at the team and coaches. Love these kinds of shows like Road to the Winter Classic and Hard Knocks. 

The episodes are set to air 9/26, 10/1, 10/8, 10/15. 

• Like 4

Excited to see this. There's a surprisingly big faction of the fanbase that's been taking our preseason results/record way too seriously. I'm hoping this series quells their concerns. From the outside looking in, I can tell the coaching staff has been trying more and experimenting more this preseason than usual; I have a theory that that's maybe because we only had the one home game (so less pressure to try and get the win for home fans?)...

Edited by DJ Eco
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, DJ Eco said:

Excited to see this. There's a surprisingly big faction of the fanbase that's been taking our preseason results/record way too seriously. I'm hoping this series quells their concerns. From the outside looking in, I can tell the coaching staff has been trying more and experimenting more this preseason than usual; I have a theory that that's maybe because we only had the one home game (so less pressure to try and get the win for home fans?)...

I personally couldn't care less what our pre-season record is.  I think a lot of the older guys and vets use it and treat it as a warm up, which I'm totally fine with and understand.  

I'm really looking forward to this series, I just hope it doesn't get to the player's heads and distract from the goal at hand.  I don't really think it will, it's not really the same as the NFL with Hard Knocks where there's so many more divas and look-at-me type players in that league, but it's still a possibility. 

• Like 3

Oh man I'm hyped for this.  So excited for a behind the scenes look at some of our young guys, Nico in particular.

48 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

I personally couldn't care less what our pre-season record is.  I think a lot of the older guys and vets use it and treat it as a warm up, which I'm totally fine with and understand. 

I'm with you on the pre-season stuff.. totally meaningless to me.  Kind of caught me by surprise that folks (not here, elsewhere) are really losing their marbles over the lack of scoring.

7 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Oh man I'm hyped for this.  So excited for a behind the scenes look at some of our young guys, Nico in particular.

I'm with you on the pre-season stuff.. totally meaningless to me.  Kind of caught me by surprise that folks (not here, elsewhere) are really losing their marbles over the lack of scoring.

You’re surprised some of the MENSA members over on HF are upset about preseason results? That board is full of reactionary idiots who complain about everything. It’s about as surprising as snow in January.

Edited by MadDog2020
  • Like 2
  • Haha 5

Preseason record means nothing. It's just time for coaches to try new strategy and evaluate players. They could do all the games on unattended practice rinks but why turn down attendance money?

I may be miss remembering this, and I'm sure CR76 would know, but I think the Devils went 0-7-0 in one of their cup preseasons 

• Like 3