GDT: Canucks @ Devils 12/31/18, 1:00 pm

eaglejelly

9 minutes ago, Neb00rs said:

Blackwood was well protected today but he looks way better than Wedgewood ever did. I can't explain it either. He was terrible last year. Sometimes they grow up fast. 

Thankfully, because he got shelled in the previous two games. 

13 minutes ago, Neb00rs said:

Blackwood was well protected today but he looks way better than Wedgewood ever did. I can't explain it either. He was terrible last year. Sometimes they grow up fast. 

well, he was the top ranked goalie prospect from North America in that draft class, second overall behind only Ilya Samsonov who was taken by the Caps in the 1st round. he was always seen as an athletic freak... won OHL goalie of the year his first year as our prospect... had a good year in his first pro year with Albany... then had a bad year last year on a dumpster fire Binghamton team... and this year had been pretty good for them. even if the numbers aren't incredible,  I think it is worth noting that the AHL is a more helter skelter type of league where numbers are generally not going to be as good... for instance his .911 SV PCT in the AHL is good enough for 11th best, whereas that same number would be tied for 24th best in the NHL. so, as much as we trash the defense here, they're obviously far more structured here than whatever we have going on in Bing. as you mentioned, he was well protected today for sure. I think the biggest thing about him is that he's just so technically sound... he's really had exceptional positioning and his reflexes are just ridiculous. he's also been pretty great with rebound control, frequently sticking pucks up out of the crowd that someone like Kinkaid would probably just boot directly to another opposing forward.

he's not going to be lights out forever but this has been great to watch. super encouraging, and he's only 22.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, titans04 said:

I mean...is she single or...

Jokes aside, small world.  My ex-girlfriend from college went to high school with her.  Said she was nice but a total overachiever.

Clearly, I dated the wrong person from their high school.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, devlman said:

More asinine drivel from the Canadian media:

Nobody likes playing hockey in Newark, where the rink is nearly as bleak as the neighborhood and the opponent is uninspiring. Manhattan is so tantalizingly near, yet seems in another country.”

https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/takeaways-time-canucks-call-thatcher-demko/

rink is so bleak that it's routinely in the top 10 grossing arena's on the planet

never even heard of this hack. probably just upset that the canucks are the devils' bitch no matter how much the team sucks. they seem to always beat them recently.

• Like 3

Heh heh, what a sore loser.  Fine if you're not a big fan of Newark in general, but to knock The Rock?!  Guy must think the Devils still play at CAA...there's nothing REMOTELY bleak about the Pru Center...just a flat-out lie.  And the immediate surrounding area isn't bad at all.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, devlman said:

Nobody likes playing hockey in Newark, where the rink is nearly as bleak as the neighborhood and the opponent is uninspiring. Manhattan is so tantalizingly near, yet seems in another country.”

That's pretty ignorant and just reads like sore sport when you lead your article with it.  Pretty much calls into question the accuracy of anything else he wrote after it...if you actually bothered to keep reading

On a separate note, it's amazing how much better that 2015 draft looks after the weekend.   Zacha looks like hes coming into his own, Blackwood was the NHLs 3rd star and Seney making nice contributions.     

• Like 1

6 hours ago, devlman said:

Two words to the cockbag author: fvck off. Hope you snapped a few pics of our Cup banners, since it’s as close as you’ve ever gotten.

Edited by MadDog2020
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Heh heh, what a sore loser.  Fine if you're not a big fan of Newark in general, but to knock The Rock?!  Guy must think the Devils still play at CAA...there's nothing REMOTELY bleak about the Pru Center...just a flat-out lie.  And the immediate surrounding area isn't bad at all.

I actually thought the crowd was quite lively given the low attendance. 

Guess what, I don’t like when Canadian teams play here either. Like I need the game delayed an extra minute and thirty seconds for an extra national anthem??

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

Could be very easy for KK to get a little pissed that he's losing playing time to a kid during his contract year.

He's a great teammate, for sure.  If the math works out (and God willing we find someone to take Cory) I wouldn't mind a KK/MB split going forward.

• Like 2