2019 Offseason Thread

Daniel

2 minutes ago, MB3 said:

A free asset who would slide into our top-6? 

You must love watching Brett Seney play second line minutes.

Just now, Devilsfan118 said:

Man we need a top-6 RW in the worst possible way.

Who's playing on our 2nd RW with Hughes?

I'm not saying i wouldn't have taken him, but if you want to be pissed about Panarin that's one thing. Nyquist? Ok. 

Just now, MB3 said:

I'm not, and that's fine. But you guys are acting like that "this is fine" meme. 

If the Devils enter next season with PK and Hughes being the only additions, Hall is long fvcking gone. And I blame him 0.0%, because I love this team and I'd be long fvcking gone too.

Still love you bro. 

5 minutes ago, MB3 said:

Again: Trouba, Kakko, Kravstov, Panarin, Shesterkin and Adam Fox so far this offseason.

I love my team, but don't be stupid. That blows us out of the fvcking water. 

I'll say this, right now the only absolutely sure things the Rangers have added Trouba and Panarin (who is now the second highest paid player in the league next to McDavid) and remember they lost a quality center in Hayes (even if he's overpaid now).  Kakko probably will be very good, but that's not a certainty.  And again, if they're going to get a quality center, it's gotta be someone from within their system unless they do something crazy and manage successful offer sheet for Aho. 

Since the Subban deal, I've learned to wait and see what Ray has up his sleeve.  If there is something, it's something very big. 

• Like 1

Just now, MB3 said:

4 first round picks on a roster as below-average as ours would be disastrously stupid. 

The picks are not the issue and apparently it's four picks over five years so you can protect yourself.  It's the money that you have to be more careful about.

Just now, MB3 said:

There's no way "can't make me happy" is my reputation on here, because I'm always the overwhelmingly positive guy. The Rangers getting Panarin and the fact that at 1pm on July 1st the name "Devils", "New Jersey" and "Shero" hasn't been mentioned in connection with a single player has soured me.

That's true, we've seen him very happy. 

That's not today.