12 minutes ago, Crisis said:

Hall for Q. Hughes, would you do it?

7467C0EB-5FEB-42F0-A4FA-37BB32AAE6F8.jpeg

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Wrong thread 

Edited by Nicomo

1 hour ago, glenwo2 said:

I believe evgeny and I hate Social Media when it's used like a weapon.

He may be telling the truth. But if so, he’s a moron to let someone video him sitting casually next to a couple lines on the table. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MadDog2020 said:

oh god...PLEASE don't let there be another lockout.    

8 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

Reffing controversies aside, I feel like the NHL has been very successful over the past few years.  Feels like the league is gaining momentum.  Vegas was an overwhelming success, Seattle right on the horizon...

It'd be the most "NHL Thing" ever for them to have a lockout and wipe that all away.  Here's hoping they avoid it.

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Reffing controversies aside, I feel like the NHL has been very successful over the past few years.  Feels like the league is gaining momentum.  Vegas was an overwhelming success, Seattle right on the horizon...

It'd be the most "NHL Thing" ever for them to have a lockout and wipe that all away.  Here's hoping they avoid it.

It really would.... it would be peak NHL.

• Like 2

On 5/26/2019 at 1:48 PM, MadDog2020 said:

At least he'll insist they be defensively responsible.  But that will probably not be enough.

On 5/26/2019 at 11:05 PM, glenwo2 said:

Very interesting. 

You know this is DevilSwede from HFBoards, right?

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Henry Killinger said:

You know this is DevilSwede from HFBoards, right?

You mean the same guy who "claims" he'll be happy to get Hughes but really wants Kakko(though he won't admit it)?     

Had no clue that was his twitter account.

The more you know.

• Haha 1

On 5/26/2019 at 11:05 PM, glenwo2 said:

Very interesting. 

Not sure if he has an NHL option in his contract, but Lehtonen signed a two year contract with Jokerit in the KHL back in April. Not sure if the KHL has contracts with NHL options, however.

I’m cautiously optimistic that there won’t be a lockout that results in any lost regular season games.  It seems like there aren’t any fundamental differences between the two sides anymore, except maybe the large up front bonuses.  They’re really just fighting over numbers, but there’s nowhere the two sides can reasonably go where persistently unprofitable teams are all the sudden going to be profitable as a result of a CBA.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Daniel said:

I’m cautiously optimistic that there won’t be a lockout that results in any lost regular season games.  It seems like there aren’t any fundamental differences between the two sides anymore, except maybe the large up front bonuses.  They’re really just fighting over numbers, but there’s nowhere the two sides can reasonably go where persistently unprofitable teams are all the sudden going to be profitable as a result of a CBA.  

I’ll believe it when I see a ratified and signed document. Never underestimate the NHL’s ability to shoot itself in the d!ck.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

I’ll believe it when I see a ratified and signed document. Never underestimate the NHL’s ability to shoot itself in the d!ck.

The 2005 lockout I completely get.  You basically would have had a system of European soccer leagues if there were no hard salary cap and significant contraction to boot.

I had less sympathy for the owners the last time around since it was largely caused by loopholes of their own making.  But still limits on contract length are good for the game and fans, and the players are still doing fine financially.

Not that I think the owners are in it for our sake. Just that there is not a whole lot they can reasonably expect to gain from another work stoppage.  As I said, the owner of the Panthers who said he’s losing like $30 million a year isn’t going to see the team in the black all the sudden because contract lengths are cut by a year and the revenue split moves a couple of percentage points one way or the other.

• Like 1

The next work stoppage wouldn't be a lockout - it would be a player strike. Because the owners would pretty much keep the CBA as is.

There is one hill the players will die on - escrow. they'll want that lowered.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, sundstrom said:

The next work stoppage wouldn't be a lockout - it would be a player strike. Because the owners would pretty much keep the CBA as is.

There is one hill the players will die on - escrow. they'll want that lowered.

Definitely. The players haven’t been shy about how much they hate escrow.

9 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

Definitely. The players haven’t been shy about how much they hate escrow.

What exactly of the player's is put in escrow, and are they not allowed to touch it for a certain period of time?

1 hour ago, NJDfan1711 said:

What exactly of the player's is put in escrow, and are they not allowed to touch it for a certain period of time?

I'm not too ashamed to admit I have no clue what "escrow" means in this context.

I assume it's money the players will eventually get back.. right?