GDT: NJD @ Boston 7PM

DevilMinder

Easy to forget that a number of guys who played last night have never played a regular season in the NHL.  Also no Hall and no Palms.

They’ll have some ugly ones here and there.  

One of those times I still wished I had Directv instead of Cablevision.  Switched over 3 months ago when I moved.

I fully understand why MSG doesn't want to send a crew up to Boston to cover to the game for TV, but would it kill MSG to air it on MSG or MSG+ using the Boston feed from NESN?  Instead we got poker on MSG and an ENCORE showing of the Rangers/Islanders game from the previous night.

With that said I only watched the last 7-8 minutes of the first period and saw the first Boston goal where it deflected off the guy's face.

Image result for coming to america in the face gif

• Like 1

Greene, Mueller, and Carrick were all so, so bad last night. I was honestly stunned by how horrible that trio played last night, it was really ugly.

Thought that was by far Ty's best game of the preseason, thought Tennyson actually played quite well as well. Wood's best game of the preseason as well, Nico, Boqvist, and Coleman looked good.

It was absolute garbage day for Rooney, Hayden, Bastian, and McLeod last night, they all sucked, which is unfortunate because I've actually liked Hayden and McLeod to this point.

Edited by CommonDreads
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Easy to forget that a number of guys who played last night have never played a regular season in the NHL.  Also no Hall and no Palms.

They’ll have some ugly ones here and there.  

I'm just glancing at the rosters quick, but I think NJ had more NHL regulars/guys who have had NHL opportunities in the lineup than BOS did. Smith/Hughes/Bastian/Boqvist are the 4 that think haven't had an NHL game but Boqvist and Hughes already play at an NHL level and Smith had an alright game.

The team as a whole just didn't come to play and that is why BOS basically had their way with them for 2/3 periods. Hynes didn't seem that upset about the effort last night though...so what do I know.

8 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

I'm just glancing at the rosters quick, but I think NJ had more NHL regulars/guys who have had NHL opportunities in the lineup than BOS did. Smith/Hughes/Bastian/Boqvist are the 4 that think haven't had an NHL game but Boqvist and Hughes already play at an NHL level and Smith had an alright game.

The team as a whole just didn't come to play and that is why BOS basically had their way with them for 2/3 periods. Hynes didn't seem that upset about the effort last night though...so what do I know.

Bastian had 7GP in the NHL last season. 

30 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

Gusev's never played in the NHL either.  And some guys who were playing last night don't figure into the immediate regular season plans (like Bastian, though like Nicomo already mentioned, he has had a little time in the NHL). 

Hall and Palms being out of the lineup is significant too...to look at it another way, you'd feel like the Devils would be hampered without them on the ice in a regular season game (though there's some solid depth here). 

Sure, you would've like to have seen better in general, but as we all know, it's impossible for these guys to get up equally for every single game.  And sometimes it just isn't going your way.  Just felt like one of those nights...not going to beat them up too much over this one.  Preseason's probably starting to feel a little bit like a drag at this point too...they're probably ready to start playing in games that count. 

Will be interesting to see what happens with Smith.  I'd give him the nine regular season games and see how it goes. 

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

59 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

not as good as that time i was so happy about something Hedberg did i joked "Man if i had a daughter i'd want her to blow Moose right now."

And that's when it became very apparent who had daughters on this board LOL 

Before my time, I guess. Or when I was very very new. 

And before guys started offering to do the blowing themselves (looking at you @MB3).