GDT: 10/30 Devs vs Bolts 7PM, MSG+, Devils Radio Network

RunninWithTheDevil

So life coaches will tell you that it's a good exercise every morning to reflect / think about something you're grateful for. When you focus on something you're grateful for it's really hard to be sad and angry.

So how 'bout we all try to be proactive and all say something we're grateful for BEFORE the game lol

12 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

So life coaches will tell you that it's a good exercise every morning to reflect / think about something you're grateful for. When you focus on something you're grateful for it's really hard to be sad and angry.

So how 'bout we all try to be proactive and all say something we're grateful for BEFORE the game lol

I'm grateful we occasionally have a team that looks the way they should on paper.

BUT, I hate the fact we rarely see that good-on-paper team as it was constructed cause we'd rather bench certain players and put blind faith in others....

welp, that didn't work....

Edited by jagknife

7 minutes ago, jagknife said:

I'm grateful we occasionally have a team that looks the way they should on paper.

BUT, I hate the fact we rarely see that good-on-paper team as it was constructed cause we'd rather bench certain players and put blind faith in others....

welp, that didn't work....

nope. nope it did not work at all lol 

52 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Neither of you is a bear, we need to stop saying that. Though I am totally in favor of you sh!tting on his lawn, that would be funny.

Pretty sure that all of this guy's teammates are apologizing for poking him and begging him NOT to sh!t on their lawns:

See the source image

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, SterioDesign said:

I'm thankful that regardless of the results, and no matter how frustrating those results can be and often have been in recent years, that I have my daughter with me most of the time.  When she was born (hell, BEFORE that), I knew that I would be doing this with her one day, taking her to games, watching at home...and I knew it would be something that would be more "just us".  I can't lie; it didn't turn out quite the way that I imagined it would over 11 years ago...somehow it's been even BETTER.  Even with the shutouts, some of the more brutal losses, some (OK, many) seasons gone horribly wrong...I've enjoyed every minute spent with her taking in the Devils, and I wouldn't trade those moments for anything. 

I used to think StarDew was almost batsh!t crazy when she would talk about how much fun she would have going to see the Devils in the early 80s, when those teams were obviously a rotten watch.  Obviously I'd much rather see a competitive team that has a real chance to do some damage...and I don't want to make it sound like I've given up on 2019-2020, because I haven't...I'm still hopeful.  But if StarDew built some lasting moments with some young ones (or anyone she was close to) during those very lean-on-the-ice years, then I now know what she was talking about.  And can relate.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Like 7

3 minutes ago, MB3 said:

I'm thankful that I live in Florida where zero people give a flying fart about the sport and the team that I love so dearly, and I have a weird little online family I've known since I was a high school freshman where I can talk about them daily. I'm thankful for the friends I've made here and met in person, like CR and MD. I'm thankful for mfitz for nearly singlehandedly keeping this forum busy in the summer months. I'm thankful for SD who triggers me worse than heartburn after a burrito, but who's been getting into bimonthly fights with me for almost a decade but hasn't let it go far enough where we put eachother on ignore.

And I'm thankful for DM, for giving us an online home for our chaotic, absurd, oftentimes pathetic arguments that keep me checking the forum in a time where online message boards are dying and the hockey team it represents is hideously doing the same.

Notes taken, I won't think about the actual team when I need to do this mornings of game days. I'll think of the board.

Excellent modelling behavior MB, thank you!

I don't see a hungry Bratt ... that wanna show that he didn't deserve to be out of the lineup... 

3 minutes ago, MB3 said:

Lol any chance you’d like to make a single save you ginger fvck?

It feels like he close his eyes when the puck is coming on this shot !