2020 Free Agency Megathread

RunninWithTheDevil

16 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

They’d have to unload someone.... MAF is definitely out, but I have no idea about Schmidt.

I'm getting the feeling that the teams with cap space are demanding way more than the likes of Vegas & Tampa are willing to give up. It'll be interesting to see how that turns out. If the Devils are in on that I hope Fitz fleeces them.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Aitchmack said:

I'm getting the feeling that the teams with cap space are demanding way more than the likes of Vegas & Tampa are willing to give up. It'll be interesting to see how that turns out. If the Devils are in on that I hope Fitz fleeces them.

Yeah, I believe Dreger brought up that sentiment with no putting a claim in for TJ. 

2 hours ago, RunninWithTheDevil said:

More D please

Ideally this would be our top 8... Or in a bit more realistic world... we'd have at least one true #1 D and move everyone here up, i feel our guys are not top top guys but they could be paired with a #1 and do well.. So we'd have pretty good extra Ds to carry if there's injuries or wtv... but we're in a realistic world, and this is what we have, so, this is likely our top 6... lol 

??? - ???

Murray - Subban

Butcher - Severson

Smith - Carrick

Edited by SterioDesign

17 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

Guess Hall really should have just re-signed with the Devils after that MVP year, day two of free agency and he's not even signed anywhere yet. 

If he had a crystal ball and could’ve looked into the future, he probably would have signed in the summer of 2018.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

I still think he’ll get picked up by a contender. AP hasn’t signed yet either (although he at least has a meeting). The Avs just make so much sense. Could be a matter of working out the details. 

Agreed, but Hall was chasing that big payday, from my limited understanding. He sure as hell isn't getting that, nor long term security, if he goes for that Cup.

Of course no one could have predicted some dude eating in bat leading to a butterfly effect of epic proportions, but it definitely cost him some financial stability by not staying.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, jagknife said:

Agreed, but Hall was chasing that big payday, from my limited understanding. He sure as hell isn't getting that, nor long term security, if he goes for that Cup.

Of course no one could have predicted some dude eating in bat leading to a butterfly effect of epic proportions, but it definitely cost him some financial stability by not staying.

Hall knew the money was available and that he could lock in and not have to worry about “what if’s”. Granted, this isn’t the what if he was anticipating...

He didn’t want to be here. 

Edited by mfitz804
  • Like 2