2020 Free Agency Megathread

RunninWithTheDevil

18 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

Hall's plan is probably to get traded at the deadline for a contender while getting the most money out of a one year deal. smart

Agreed. Near guarantee to be playing for the Cup whenever the playoffs roll around again. 

8 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

im just curious now what he would have done if we would have kept him

He would’ve left in free agency and we would all be pissed that we didn’t get something for him. I suppose he could’ve signed a 1 year deal with us to get traded to a contender just as easily, but I don’t think that would’ve happened. 

Crazy though the deal that we were all talking about him getting and he winds up 1/$8m. 

2 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

He would’ve left in free agency and we would all be pissed that we didn’t get something for him. I suppose he could’ve signed a 1 year deal with us to get traded to a contender just as easily, but I don’t think that would’ve happened. 

Crazy though the deal that we were all talking about him getting and he winds up 1/$8m. 

I know I sound like the bitter ex but he’s chasing his money, it has nothing to do with winning. He’s such a fraud and I cannot wait until the Sabres’ fans turn on him when they’re out of the playoff race again or he magically doesn’t find his game again playing with Eichel, a la Skinner

Just now, NJDevils1214 said:

Fraud Period saying it’s not Florida, but he has been traded.

• Like 1

Just now, sundstrom said:

part of the buffalo thing nobody is talking about - Hall lives in Toronto in the offseason. It's a 2 hour drive or a 20 minute helicopter ride.

for one year - i bet that helped with "why Buffalo".

i don't think anyone else had the cap (real or internal) on a contender.

His old coach in Edmonton is there too.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Probably makes sense. 

Not a great selling point either...”Hey, we’re not really thinking about winning in 2020-21 and maybe not 2021-22 either...ya interested?”

I’m guessing now it’s on to getting Blackwood and Bratt signed, and maybe a depth signing or two.  Then planning on how to sprinkle in some kids.  

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

4 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Not a great selling point either...”Hey, we’re not really thinking about winning in 2020-21 and maybe not 2021-22 either...ya interested?”

I’m guessing now it’s on to getting Blackwood and Bratt signed, and maybe a depth signing or two.  Then planning on how to sprinkle in some kids.  

I agree with this assessment. Will prob see Kuokkanen, Merkley, and Boqvist appearances. Def need some more depth on the back end.