2021 Around The League Thread

Satans Hockey

15 minutes ago, titans04 said:

It's a good time for teams to leverage the lower cap if they can extend young guys out for long term deals at these discounted AAV's.  Especially knowing the cap will almost assuredly rise in a couple of years.

Well it will at least help those teams that are up against the cap anyway. Not us necessarily. 

I don’t disagree. But I’d rather my number one overall pick be taking 8 million instead of nine, rather than 5 million instead of six. That’s all I’m saying, the starting point on him is very low compared to what I will want when our guys come to that age

• Like 1

The Leafs re-signed Wayne Simmonds.   He looked done when he was with us and only got worse this year.  I’ll never understand why they are just letting Dubas run that whole operation into the ground.   

edit:  haha, fvck me, they signed him for 2 years!   That’s absurd 

Edited by Lateralous
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, DevsMan84 said:

Just skimming through the names, it seems like a decent amount of carry-overs from NBC.  I think it just comes down into how much time and money ESPN decides to invest in it.  Judging by how much they paid for the rights, I don't think they will put it on the back-burner like that had even back when they had games on.

1 hour ago, MadDog2020 said:

Most of those people are from NBC🤣

I know a few are but didn't know it was most, I really don't pay attention to the talking heads, the Devils are barely ever on national broadcasts and then when I watch the playoffs I dvr everything and watch nothing but the actual game. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mfitz804 said:

I don’t disagree. But I’d rather my number one overall pick be taking 8 million instead of nine, rather than 5 million instead of six. That’s all I’m saying, the starting point on him is very low compared to what I will want when our guys come to that age

Hall will not have 8 years deal, Yakupov is Yakupov, Ekbland.. we will see, but I dont think he will sign much better, especially if we remember Hopkins played with Mcdavid and never have a chance to play minutes to push his stats up. Hopkins isnt a win for the 1OA, but I dont see a lose here. In the end it makes to give a chance to win a cup. I really do think its easier to win a cup in modern era, when you  have solid roster of great players, not only couple of great stars.
...Better to have roster and the star, who isnt in cap because of injury and than he magically health for the right moment... But anyway. I will be okay if Hughes will be 1 ppg player and Hishier will be 0.75 ppg and we will have options to sign and growing good linemates for them. I dont wanna Toronto story.

55 minutes ago, Lateralous said:

The Leafs re-signed Wayne Simmonds.   He looked done when he was with us and only got worse this year.  I’ll never understand why they are just letting Dubas run that whole operation into the ground.   

edit:  haha, fvck me, they signed him for 2 years!   That’s absurd 

I wonder why they haven’t made it out of the first round in 20 years…lol 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, RunninWithTheDevil said:

5 years and 16 minutes ago

I will never forget where I was when I got to my phone for the first time in hours, saw I had 50 or so texts and each progressively more and more crazy as the deals broke. Ah being on the other side of the world when news in the US breaks, lol

1 hour ago, MB3 said:

man what? not at all. 

if you’re not excited about bucci-mane and steve levy calling games, i dunno what to tell you. makes me think of scott stevens highlights and devils winning cups.

I mean I’m not arguing, I like Levy (and Buccigross wasn’t calling games back in the day, he was a studio guy mostly). I was just pointing out that there are a bunch of NBC hold-overs.

Edited by MadDog2020

That’s Thomas Wilson Brown…hard to believe he’s now 48 years old.  Still active after all these years (though little high-profile work.

10 hours ago, Nicomo said:

He reminds me of the older brother from Honey I Shrunk the Kids…

image.jpeg.45f34b795100b252fd2589618e73fb28.jpeg

This is also correct, especially the hair. But he definitely has Gordon Ramsay's face, it looks like him in a wig made from this kid's 80's hair. 

17 hours ago, NJDevils1214 said:

Barry Melrose and Mark Messier are enough to make me want to avoid ESPN coverage at every opportunity.

Why watch ESPN anyways? 

They predicted that the 2009 playoff series between Carolina and New Jersey would be boring. As I recall, with the exception of the Rags/Caps series, the Car/NJ series was one of the more exciting rounds.