2021 Around The League Thread

Satans Hockey

41 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

That’s nothing but a hypothetical, because us and the Rags are not in the business of trying to help make the other better. We can trade with 31 other teams (and I’m loathe to trade with Philly too, so more like 30). Not them. 

of course it's a hypothetical just like 90% of the other stuff thrown around here trade wise. I wouldn't not look at Buchwhatever or better yet Panarin, Zibanejad or Fox just to name a few more just because they're currently rags IF they could get them by trades. That's crazy imo. What I wouldn't want is the corpse or any rag which would drive me insane hello Brendan Smith for example. (although sadly even he would be an upgrade and he comes with a sack) but hopefully you get the idea.

However, I hear what you are saying just don't agree.  

Edited by titans04
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

I was hoping Tarasenko would want to come here.  I'd take him - pure sniper who I think still have something left in the tank.

Let's be honest, we all knew NJ wasn't going to be on that list at all and NYR would be first on the list.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, CarpathianForest said:

Too many injuries. Guy's shoulder is all fvcked up

Ah damn, is it?  I knew he had missed some time, but didn't know it was serious.

40 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

Let's be honest, we all knew NJ wasn't going to be on that list at all and NYR would be first on the list.

Yup. A guy can dream though.

2 hours ago, titans04 said:

this!

I mean this is no surprise. Every year, every time we see player X has waived their NTC if they can go to NYR, BOS, VGK etc. 

I would faint if I saw a tweet that says Player X has given a list of clubs he can be traded: NJD, ARZ, OTT or BUF

3 minutes ago, CarpathianForest said:

I mean this is no surprise. Every year, every time we see player X has waived their NTC if they can go to NYR, BOS, VGK etc. 

I would faint if I saw a tweet that says Player X has given a list of clubs he can be traded: NJD, ARZ, OTT or BUF

It hurts me that FLA is on that list.

2 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

It hurts me that FLA is on that list.

They've been good for a bit. However, take a look at that list: Maybe with the exception of Boston and Caps, all those those other places are either close to or major night life hubs. Russians love their partying

5 minutes ago, CarpathianForest said:

They've been good for a bit. However, take a look at that list: Maybe with the exception of Boston and Caps, all those those other places are either close to or major night life hubs. Russians love their partying

For sure. I am not wondering why with any of those destinations. I hate Florida and it is pain that FLA and CAR have managed to make stronger teams in the same timeframe NJD has just been stagnant at the bottom. I really hope we're finally starting to be on the other side of that struggle.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, CarpathianForest said:

Word on the street is Landeskog is unhappy with Avs management and is looking for cashola.

We have cashola. What does it realistically take to bring him in (holding aside then “nobody wants NJ” thing, let us dream for message board purposes)?

29 minutes ago, CarpathianForest said:

Word on the street is Landeskog is unhappy with Avs management and is looking for cashola.

This is likely public bargaining. We hear all the time that player and team are far apart and then they patch it up in an afternoon. They're going to keep playing this game and let people report on it until someone gets antsy enough to budge. 

No way Joe lets his captain walk to UFA. 

EDIT: I would love if Kaprizov was eligible for an offer sheet. He wants a short-term deal that walks him to UFA status that Min doesn't want to give him. They're trying to lock him up for 7+ years. If another team could swoop in and offer sheet him giving him exactly what he wants to force Guerin's hand to match that would just be an awesome bit of fvckery.

Edited by NJDevils1214

8 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

We have cashola. What does it realistically take to bring him in (holding aside then “nobody wants NJ” thing, let us dream for message board purposes)?

I wasn’t kidding when I said I’d offer him 10% if the earnings of prudential center on top of his contract…

10 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

If he actually has to retire, I think his recapture pentalty would be the only I’d feel bad about. The dude plays balls out day in and day out, hasn’t tried to cheat the system, and neither has Montreal.

if that makes sense at all

8 hours ago, NJDevils1214 said:

This is likely public bargaining. We hear all the time that player and team are far apart and then they patch it up in an afternoon. They're going to keep playing this game and let people report on it until someone gets antsy enough to budge. 

No way Joe lets his captain walk to UFA. 

EDIT: I would love if Kaprizov was eligible for an offer sheet. He wants a short-term deal that walks him to UFA status that Min doesn't want to give him. They're trying to lock him up for 7+ years. If another team could swoop in and offer sheet him giving him exactly what he wants to force Guerin's hand to match that would just be an awesome bit of fvckery.

With Makar, Landeskog and a handful of others coming due, he might not have much of a choice for the bulk of the core…

6 minutes ago, jagknife said:

If he actually has to retire, I think his recapture pentalty would be the only I’d feel bad about. The dude plays balls out day in and day out, hasn’t tried to cheat the system, and neither has Montreal.

if that makes sense at all

Well, aside from his complete backstab to Nashville for signing that rediculous Philly offer sheet. But I don't care about Nashville anyway, fuq them.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Rob_Ottawa said:

Well, aside from his complete backstab to Nashville for signing that rediculous Philly offer sheet. But I don't care about Nashville anyway, fuq them.

I don't know if that's a back stab. He would be a fool not to have taken that offer