2021 Trade Deadline Thread April 12, 3pm ET

Chimaira_Devil_#9

1 minute ago, MB3 said:

if someone goes back in my history, in 2018 i was like 100% convinced he’d end up in boston. he mentioned it on spittin chiclets like 4 times how much he loved that city.

dont be surprised if he signs way under market value for a long time in bean town.

It would be a smart move. You have to think the perfection line has at least one more Cup in them before they age out. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Lateralous said:

Kind of a great move by Boston.   Krecji-Hall could form a really good 2nd line 

I could see Hall being a nice longer-term fit there too. I wouldn’t be surprised to see him re-sign with Boston if all goes well.

Edited by MadDog2020
  • Like 1

Remember that time I said I hoped the deal for the Sabres would look awful?

I woke up happy today.

how the hell to you only get Bjork and a 2nd for Hall, Lazar AND you still eat half of his contract?

yes I know Hall is atrocious this season and only has two goals, but holy crap man...

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, jagknife said:

Remember that time I said I hoped the deal for the Sabres would look awful?

I woke up happy today.

how the hell to you only get Bjork and a 2nd for Hall, Lazar AND you still eat half of his contract?

yes I know Hall is atrocious this season and only has two goals, but holy crap man...

There is no way Hall is as bad as his numbers suggest.  I think you will be even happier when this deal looks even more lopsided when Hall takes off. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, MB3 said:

if someone goes back in my history, in 2018 i was like 100% convinced he’d end up in boston. he mentioned it on spittin chiclets like 4 times how much he loved that city.

dont be surprised if he signs way under market value for a long time in bean town.

We'll see if Boston truly wants to keep HIM.  At the price they got him for, they can afford to move on from him if he doesn't impress.  Yeah, if he produces, for sure they'll open to the idea of keeping him, but I don't think it's a slam dunk at this point.  This is a bit of "show me" time for Hall.  Crazy that since the start of last season, he's now on his fourth team already.  

Boston will definitely have the cap space to keep him though...they have money coming off in the next couple of years.  

3 minutes ago, Chimaira_Devil_#9 said:

There is no way Hall is as bad as his numbers suggest.  I think you will be even happier when this deal looks even more lopsided when Hall takes off. 

I mentioned this previously, but I'd like to see the quality of Hall's chances.  Quick-glance numbers suggest that he's still getting his shots, and other numbers suggest that he's been incredibly unlucky (which can happen over any relatively short sample).  But I'd like to see if he's just fattening up his shots and chances on more low-danger stuff.

It feels like now more than ever that it's put up or shut up time for Hall.  He's scored 18 goals in 102 GP since the start of last year...whipping boy Palms has 34 in the same number of games.  Zajac has 16 in 105 GP in that same time frame.  Wood has 28 in 108 GP.  Not that Hall's game is all about scoring (and he's never truly been a great finisher anyway, with the most notable exception of his MVP season), but hard to believe that he's had so much trouble hitting the back of the net.  

15 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Also we're obviously just speculating here, but it's not exactly a well-kept secret that Hall wants to stay in Boston.

How does Buffalo not negotiate a conditional pick in there based on a potential extension?

I think that was outlawed this summer; further compensation for a player re-signing

18 minutes ago, Crisis said:

I think that was outlawed this summer; further compensation for a player re-signing

Wait really?  They outlawed that?

But these cap-strapped teams can use intermediary teams to completely circumvent the cap, hokay then.

14 minutes ago, RunninWithTheDevil said:

But salary retention is A-OK! This league is a joke

It really is, like... the NHL is really just a 3rd-tier league from the top down.  All the rules just feel so... arbitrary and selectively enforced. 

I've said it many times - hockey is one of the greatest sports on the planet.  It's just a shame that one of the worst professional leagues on the planet is in charge of running it.

Edited by Devilsfan118