GDT- Round 1 of 4: Rags @ Devils 7:00 PM MSG, MSG+

MadDog2020

7 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Which is probably the right move, imo. The average age of our team is already like 23 or something. 

I’m very open to the idea of a different D-vet being added in the offseason (making PK expendable).  Not expecting it to happen though. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

This is disgusting. Losing (especially to the Rags) really brings out the worst in some people. 

that's fair never want to see anybody on any team get seriously hurt.

So twisted just enough to sit out as a precautionary measure rather than continue to embarrass himself on the ice.  

Admittedly I did not watch tonight's game since I'm still at work but I think PK has been fine this year.  He's settled into quietly eating the tough minutes and while he's being severely overpaid, his contract ends after next year long before we need the cap space.   Why let a rookie get absolutely destroyed with tough minutes and possibly hurt his development curve when you can overpay PK to be the guy to get caved in on with the heavy lifting?   

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

1. Wtf are you talking about? We literally saw 2 Devils drop their gloves tonight. 

3. We’ve beaten them twice this year. One game we scored 5, and the other 4. 

from what i could gather using common sense in response to an emotional knee jerk post is not an effective approach

He's right about PK though lol to be fair PK might be the most useless 9million player in NHL history even

Edited by SterioDesign
  • Like 2

It’s not even the worst contract in the division. Jeff Skinner makes $10 mil a year to score 5 goals 3 assists in 38 GP. 

Subban has been much better this season. People are just dumping on him after a bad game. 

Edited by Nicomo
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Jerrydevil said:

Jeff Skinner might have Subban beat. I don't really want either at $9M.

I don't understand bringing up his salary when we are nowhere near the cap and you're not the one cutting the checks.  As fans, what difference does it make?  He's expensive filler preventing young guys from being tasked with more than they can handle early on in their career. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Lateralous said:

I don't understand bringing up his salary when we are nowhere near the cap and you're not the one cutting the checks.  As fans, what difference does it make?  He's expensive filler preventing young guys from being tasked with more than they can handle early on in their career. 

Fair enough.

3 minutes ago, Lateralous said:

Exactly right. If we ever have a payroll anywhere near the cap I’ll worry about what guys get paid. 

40 minutes ago, slasher72 said:

I'm glad you feel we're getting our money's worth lol

Did I say that? But honestly who gives a sh!t what they’re paying him? It’s not hurting them cap wise in any way. And won’t next season either. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Lateralous said:

Yep. We saw that not rushing Ty Smith was the right choice. No reason to throw Bahl, Okhotyuk, etc to the wolves.

And despite what people think of Subban personally, he’s been a winner everywhere he’s played before NJ. And Ruff thinks enough of him to put on A on his jersey. If he can be good for some of the younger guys that’s just a bonus. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lateralous said:

Simply because in life when you're getting paid a certain salary it comes with a certain expectation and if you don't meet these expectations it's fair that it's pointed out. Doesn't really matter if there's a cap or not.

It's not because it's well within my budget and not setting me back financially that i should be fine making monthly Bugatti car payments for a Honda Civic. 

Also at the very very least, if anyone is getting paid top salary like this with years of experience. I would expect that he's not making the same mistake i could expect from a new employee fresh ouf of college

Edited by SterioDesign
  • Thanks 1