The New Jersey Devils 2021-22 Regular Season Thread

mfitz804

speculating on hamilton, if it is a block shot and they determined there was something there.

these injury reports are ridiculous, fvck this org

i just did a bone bruise and it feels like you can still use it but it also felt legit broke, took 3 months.

bone bruise is a misnomer; im not a doc

I was thinking back to the 2011 draft, the first draft I ever closely followed. I was reminded of this video (lol young Dougie):

Dougie mentions Nieds as one of his favorite players growing up. I didn't think much of another video posted recently, showing Dougie meeting Nieds in NJ:

At 0:37, Dougie says he wore 27 because of Nieds, which I didn't catch the first time around. All this to say thanks to Nieds for probably unknowingly contributing to bringing Hamilton to NJ!

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

so with us not scoring much and Tarasenko having 4 goals and 7 assists in 9 games. Could that jumpstart interest again possibly ? 

I would hope so. The question is, will St. Louis be willing to move him now?

Edited by MadDog2020

2 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

I would hope so. The question is, will St. Louis be willing to move him now?

Yeah I think the problem is that we don’t really know where things stand between Tarasenko and St. Louis.  Does he even still really want out?  Or has that all simmered down?

Assuming he’s even available, I’m guessing the conversation starts with Holtz + 2022 1st rounder + another piece.  Not saying that I’d endorse that, just saying that if Tarasenko is fully healthy and playing like his old self, no more getting him for cheap.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, CarpathianForest said:

The time to get Tarasenko was in the offseason. He's gonna cost too much and will injure himself 3 games into playing for us

This. 1000 times this. 

I concur with the sentiment about Tarasenko. The point of going for him in the off season was getting him on a deal given the ??? On how his shoulder was.

If Chicago is imploding and some of their guys don't want to be in a rebuild, I might look into that depending in who is available. Not sure how many people might wanna stay away from that just due to the general optics of what's gone on there over the last year and maybe that's valid. 

1 hour ago, CarpathianForest said:

Pucks and Pitchforks

I stopped reading after the above.  That site is the worst.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

Those bumps and bruises have really progressed. FFS. 

I think the team is actually missing him this season. That attitude and edge. Then again this team cannot afford to take penalties so maybe it's for the best. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Chimaira_Devil_#9 said:

Those bumps and bruises have really progressed. FFS. 

I think the team is actually missing him this season. That attitude and edge. Then again this team cannot afford to take penalties so maybe it's for the best. 

Team treats its fans like idiots yet a lot keep on lapping up the sh!t they shovel.

18 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

So what exactly does Geertsen do for us over Studenic other than being a goon who plays limited minutes?

What exactly does Studenic do for us over Geertsen who, at the very least, likes to hurt people?

Kind of interesting that no one claimed Studenic...relatively young (just turned 23)...curious to see how he fits in with Utica (as in, is there much room for him down there?).