GDT: Devils vs. Sharks 7 pm 11/30

nessus

3 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

Am I wrong or have we been a bad faceoff team for several years now?

I decided to check.... the last 5 years respectively, we have been: 27th (last year), 29th, 23rd, 30th, and 18th in the league.   Pretty terrible.

1 minute ago, Rob_Ottawa said:

Baby steps. At least we aren't outshot by a sh!t tonne anymore. Ive always found faceoff stats overrated anyway.

I'm all for silver lining, but in regards to the bolded....it absolutely wasn't overrated on that first goal the Sharks just scored.... 

8 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

I decided to check.... the last 5 years respectively, we have been: 27th (last year), 29th, 23rd, 30th, and 18th in the league.   Pretty terrible.

I'm all for silver lining, but in regards to the bolded....it absolutely wasn't overrated on that first goal the Sharks just scored.... 

Ya I didn't realize he was commenting on that goal, more of a general statement.

• Like 1

Devils playing pretty well for the most part…feels like they’re going to break through.

• Like 1

Not sure how face off stats are overrated, I think it's fair to say it can often not reflect an individual center if the others on the ice don't fight for the puck but in the end if it measures what team gains puck possession I think it's pretty valuable. Hard to be scored on when you have the puck, and you can't score without it. 

1 minute ago, mfitz804 said:

Zero points for Hughes so far. Overpaid piece of sh!t. 

😉

come on man, give it another period before evaluating the contract to be fair.