GTD: Preds vs NJ Jerseys

jagknife

25 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Literally what are you even talking about? You seriously think only chest shots are controllable? I assume you watched Marty kick pucks away from danger for years…

No one is putting this game on Mac, but his rebound control sucks. Has all season. 

Nope...not sure why you're suggesting that because I sure didn't. What I'm talking about is goalies not being expected to control every single puck that hits them.  Yes I watched Marty kick pucks away from danger for years, and I'm going to assume you've never played goalie before if you think that's so easy to do and that every goalie does it.   I'll agree that Mac's rebound control in general hasn't been great, but if you're going to specifically call him out for that particular goal and be pissed that he left it into a "high danger" area, then that's just being overly critical.  He made a tough first stop, and we had 3 guys nearby who failed to pick up a streaking player int he middle.  

It's ok we've got 2 games in hand.  

5 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

image.png.4dfc863df5d0d3e79cb50755880d8181.png

I fvcking hate this. I hate this so much. I'm tired of this pathetic bullsh!t. This team is killing me.

fuck my life fml GIF

Choose to draw the arrow down to the Piles, you'll feel better. At least a little.

2 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

Nope...not sure why you're suggesting that because I sure didn't. What I'm talking about is goalies not being expected to control every single puck that hits them.  Yes I watched Marty kick pucks away from danger for years, and I'm going to assume you've never played goalie before if you think that's so easy to do and that every goalie does it.   I'll agree that Mac's rebound control in general hasn't been great, but if you're going to specifically call him out for that particular goal and be pissed that he left it into a "high danger" area, then that's just being overly critical.  He made a tough first stop, and we had 3 guys nearby who failed to pick up a streaking player int he middle.  

I never said it’s easy, but it’s become a concerning trend with him this season. And I don’t really remember it being an issue in the past. 

Otoh I saw Saros with a couple just perfectly played pad saves tonight where the puck went right where he wanted (away from any Devils). It’s just something to keep an on. Anyway, goaltending wasn’t the reason we lost. The PP was. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

They wasted a sh!t ton of time passing it around like idiots. Just get the damn puck on net. Drives me fvcking insane.

I mean there was like 30 seconds left, why are they waiting to take one shot instead of throwing the puck on goal and hoping sheer chaos results in a goal?

It’s like they have never seen hockey before. 

• Like 1

it's like... if you watch other games around the league and see their PP. it's so obvious that ours is bad. They make quick passes and move around to create chaos. Us we straight up just stand there, get the pass, control the puck, make another pass... basically just trying to keep possession and go around. Like it's a pinball game

1 minute ago, SterioDesign said:

it's like... if you watch other games around the league and see their PP. it's so obvious that ours is bad. They make quick passes and move around to create chaos. Us we straight up just stand there, get the pass, control the puck, make another pass... basically just trying to keep possession and go around. Like it's a pinball game

It’s static as fvck. No movement whatsoever. That’s because they’re coached horribly. Of course, Tom Fitzgerald, when asked what he thinks needs to be done about the coaching staff, replied with the following: 

43B8A6DB-C2DD-4C41-8801-2F944A7CC9F3.gif

• Like 1
  • Angry 1