2022 Free Agency thread

MadDog2020

1 minute ago, Puckbuster said:

Lou won us 3 cups and 5 appearances.  You can talk all the crap you want about Lou, he is the best thing to happen to the Devils.

Relax. Lou started bringing in washed up players towards the end of his time here you can't deny that

1 minute ago, Lateralous said:

Hell, at this point the Kraken ought to throw their hat in the ring.   Didn’t we hear that they were going to be aggressive in free agency?  Two years in, I still have no fvcking clue what the plan is out there.  

An eventual move to Quebec?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Puckbuster said:

Lou won us 3 cups and 5 appearances.  You can talk all the crap you want about Lou, he is the best thing to happen to the Devils.

Yes he was, and he still lost the pulse of the post-lockout NHL with his awful contracts and moves. Both histories are true.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MB3 said:

You guys are good with 7x10.5 but not 7x12? Who gives a crap about the extra 1.5 per year?! Aren't the Devils paying Kuokkonen that much money to not play for them? 

Gotta draw the line somewhere.

2 minutes ago, CarpathianForest said:

Nuh uh!

giphy.gif

Am I really having argument with someone like this?

It’s not even an argument.  Lou won 3 cups and just like any long run as a perennial playoff team a rebuild is in order.  Between Shero and Fitz, it’s been ten years with multiple top 5 picks, two of which are 1OAs.  Also, was Parise and Kovy washed up?  CS? Seriously, Lou transformed our Devils into a contender from a Mickey Mouse organization with a small market.

5 minutes ago, CarpathianForest said:

Today being Wednesday and your lack of understanding 

I think you don’t understand that every team rebuilds after a long run at the playoffs.  28 years of fun for us fans and you dismiss it.  Are you enjoying the anguish of the past 10?  

1 minute ago, Puckbuster said:

It’s not even an argument.  Lou won 3 cups and just like any long run as a perennial playoff team a rebuild is in order.  Between Shero and Fitz, it’s been ten years with multiple top 5 picks, two of which are 1OAs.  Also, was Parise and Kovy washed up?  CS? Seriously, Lou transformed our Devils into a contender from a Mickey Mouse organization with a small market.

This logic so disconnected from reality.

Shero and Fitz didn't get much success BECAUSE of the mess Lou left behind and has been trying to rebuild from nothing. Well Shero did, Fitz came in with a pretty good situation.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Puckbuster said:

You're basically having an argument with no one. I never said Lou wasn't the best GM this org has had.

6 minutes ago, RizzMB30 said:

Teachers of America, everyone. 

I'm a teacher. My students are better than this

• Like 1

Just now, SterioDesign said:

i assume he offered to help Gaudreau to move all his stuff and be his butler or something

Speaking of which, someone needs to search this site, I may be obligated to drive Zacha to Boston, I’m not sure.